The Hard way

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by ryan_marine, Oct 13, 2009.

1. ryan_marine

ryan_marine New Member

Well tonight I got a wild hair across my arse. I desided that hunting with stick and string from a stand was not hard enough. I figured I needed to sneak up on a deer. Well here is how it went down.

I have been seeing alot of deer at a budy's house. He has 165 acres. Alot of foxtail from the bean not being sprayed right. So I put on my carheart brown bibs with my old desert cammo blouse. We went to the local hunting store and I got my tag because I don't have one. (not needed when hunting on your own land here) Then we went to his house. I parked then put on my standard real tree cammo face mask and gloves, picked up my bow and arrows. One arrow on the bow the other two down the back of my shirt. Off I went. I walked to the first hill I came to and went up it. Half way up I seen two does running from the other side of the valley in the direction I was walking. They were about 400yrds off. I knew if I kept walking the direction I was going I would meet them at the top of a trail I cut through the woods. I know if you just walk through the woods at a normal pace you will let everything in the woods know your their. So I took my time walking along the field edge. At the top I spotted a small doe about 40yrds away. She had no clue I was there. I closed the distance real slow to about 20 yrds. She had her head down and near side leg forward so I let the first arrow fly. I hit true and hard. I had complete pass through on a high lung shot. I watched her go 40yrds and dropped with out another move. I then made sure she was down for the count and then went to the truck to get the tag and a pen. I brought up the truck tagged and loaded her up. Took her in to the check station where I just bought my tag and they asked what I forgot. I then told them that I got a deer. They couldn't belive that I went from their shop to droping this deer and back within 30 min. It was the fastest filled tag that they have ever had.

Sorry for the long read but that was how my day went.

Ray
  2. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    Sounds like an awesome hunt. It must have really been a rush to stalk up on that doe like that.
  3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

that long long long read and NO PICS ??? :rolleyes::D Congrats on a successful hunt and some great memories! Nice to know there'll be some fresh meat in the freezer before winter sets in.