The History Channel is at it again. Abismal example of poor firearms safety.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Remington597, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

Wild West Tech. The promo ad ran last night during Band of Brothers. A nerdy guy with glasses unholsters his Colt and shoots it, and then points the barrel to his mouth to cool of the barrel and then adjusts his glasses with the tip of the barrel.
    Talk about setting a poor example. I realize its an ad to promote it and they are trying to appeal to a macho type mind set, but kids immitate this stuff. I can just see little Johny playing with his dad's Ruger Vaquero.
    The History Channel is a great resource and I am willing to bet that this promo was done by an outside Hollywood connected liberal ad agency who would not know the difference between a revolver and a revolving door.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2004
  2. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

I had the same complaint when I saw that ad. I wonder how many people are going to try that and end up blowing their foreheads off.

I guess common sense isn't so common after all. :rolleyes:
  3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

It'll just give the anti's more fire to burn.....

I like the History Channel but sometimes think they have their fair share of less than intelligent folks running the place.
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

The blowing into the barrel is a carry-over from black powder long guns, where you blow down the barrel before reloading to burn out any lingering sparks. It is not fun to pour powder down a barrel when there is a spark still smoldering.

The adjusting the glasses with the barrel is just stupidity.

Pops