The Les Baer/Emerson CQC-45 Project

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Ernest Emerson, May 15, 2009.

1. Ernest Emerson

Ernest Emerson New Member

Now that the Super Secret Project is no longer secret some thanks are in order. First, I would like to thank Roy Huntington for his enthusiasm, encouragement and efforts in helping bring this from inception to creation.

Second, my thanks to Les Baer and all of his crew for having the faith that this was a viable endeavor and for faithfully executing all my requests. Mind you, Les Baer knows more about 1911’s in his little pinky than I’ll ever know in a lifetime and it certainly shows in his guns. I’ll never forget him saying “Ernest, this is going to be fun.” And I’m thinking ”Man, I’m talking to Les Baer, how cool is that?”

Third I’d like to thank Craig Sword from Mil-Tac. Craig is a true gentleman and I am proud to call him my friend. As you know Craig makes some of the finest gun grips in the business, and he took the time on many occasions to answer my questions, talk about grips and get us material from his own stock when we were in a jam. If you don’t already have a set of Craig’s Mil-Tac grips, you should.

I would also like to thank Harry Humphries and Denny Chalker for being the first ones to instruct me in the care and feeding of John Browning’s wonderful, magnificent, timeless, masterpiece. And along the way there have been so many others who have graciously given their time and advice to me, and all of whom I now count as friends and family, Scottie Reitz, John Hollister, Hilton Yam, Marc Semos, and Craig Huber, to name a few.

We are building all the grips for the Les Baer/Emerson pistol and will also be building custom grips with our skull logo and a variety of other designs that we’re going to offer. All of this will be offered under our Emerson Gunslinger Gear Brand and, in addition we will be offering our custom titanium lug wrench/bottle opener and a variety of other accessories, that we will be adding as they are developed.

Over the years I’ve had a lot of great guns yet nothing ever replaced the 1911 in my book. I’ve had loosey goosey, combat guns, highly worked custom models and I’ve loved them all, for all of their quirks, differences, and personality traits. One of the guns I’ve always wanted was a Les Baer custom and now, finally, I have one and it has my name on it. The Les Baer/Emerson CQC-45 debuting at this weekend NRA Show. I hope you like this gun as much as I do. Oh yeah, there’s an Emerson Knife to boot.

Best Regards,

Ernest R. Emerson
    Emerson Knives, Inc.
  2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Is that really you Mr Emerson? I know some of the folk you mention and they know me, if it is you, we could have lots to talk about, Mr CQB7.
  3. Ernest Emerson

Ernest Emerson New Member

Dear Sir,

Yes, it is me. Yes we should talk.

You can PM me.

Best Regards,

Ernest
  4. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Welcome to TFF.
  5. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

How cool is that! Mr Emerson right here! Long time fan of the various CQCs. Not to bring up potential bad memories, but I carried the Benchmade version for years until a stupid encounter at a post 9/11 airport caused me to lose it. (Poor planning on my part.) I did replace it with one of the newer Wave designs. Its a daily carry and hard use knife in an industrial environment. You sir make great tools.

Thanks for the insight on your 1911 project.

CT
  6. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I like seeing company owners / CEO on the forum. I can say that I have never owned one of your knives but I am inclined to do so now in the nnear future. Thanks for the posting re: CQC-45 project.

Oh yeah one more thing..............WELCOME! to the forum.