The Lies of the Capital Times

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by hogger129, Jul 7, 2011.

1. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

This is the kind of lies we are dealing with in Wisconsin now that concealed carry is getting passed and the NRA is pushing for Castle Doctrine.

I read an article from the Capital Times today. All they do is bash Governor Walker, talk about how unsafe these gun laws are going to be, and basically make up a bunch of stuff to support their position. Here's the article:

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/opinion/column/bill_berry/article_ff533972-33d3-5fb5-b5af-5d8546bb0770.html?mode=story#ixzz1RQnhXuFH

I thought it was funny where he states "guns accidentally go off all the time." Well having been around guns my entire life (dad's hunting weapons) and having owned handguns for about three years, I can honestly say -

Guns don't "accidentally" go off. Some people are just negligent.

Bill Berry of Stevens Point writes a semimonthly column for The Capital Times. billnick@charter.net

I was thinking about sending him an e-mail in response to this, but it won't prove anything because these types of people only hear what they want to.

And I don't know about the rest of the country, but how would you like it if your state went "may issue," where you needed a good reason to get a permit? How would that make you feel?

I guess the thing that I see is that you shouldn't really need a reason to exercise a Constitutional right. It's not a matter of if you need to. The point is that the choice should be up to you, not up to the bureaucrats who all have armed security personnel.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  2. steve666

steve666 New Member