The Man Who Killed Osama bin Laden... Is Screwed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by firefighter1635, Feb 11, 2013.

1. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

2. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

He should have hung in there for another 3 years. His decision, his consequences. Just because you blow somebody away doesn't mean you get to ignore the rules.
  3. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

16 years? He should be able to get medical care at any VA hospital.
  4. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

I agree with Gunny. It was his mistake, too bad he didn't think it through before he left.

I was watching an interview where they were talking about how the government just abandoned these guys. How when they leave they can't use anything they've done to get a job, they can't put the operations they've been on on their resumes. Like they were being used and thrown away when it was over. Total B.S. When you sign up for that you know upfront what your getting yourself into, there are no surprises. Your missions are top secret, they never happened. My cousin is a Navy Seal. I don't ask him what he's done and he doesn't talk about it. That's how it is. if you don't agree then do something else.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  5. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

whether he is religeous or not, I will send prayers for him and his family. from just reading the first page (time constraints) I am happy he is choosing to lead a humble life. and for that I wish him the best. he deserves it.
  6. flboots

flboots Well-Known Member

Anyone in that was in the military made the same decisions. To either do at least 20yrs for the bennies or not to reenlist. We were told the facts. His choice, He needs to live with it. He should have waited 4 more yrs. There are a lot of vets who fought in wars. Why should he get special treatment for doing his job?
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I hate it that these men, and women, come home, and have no training to do civilian jobs. But like has already been said, these are choices that these folks make of their own accord. Some join the military to get an education, and a job skill. Some join for the "Adventure". If you join for the job skills, you will have the training you need to perform that job in civilian life. If you join for the "Adventure", then that is what you will have when you muster out, if you don't stay the course to the end of your service. A bad decision is just that, a bad decision.
  8. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

I wouldn't feel too sorry for him. He's got everything he needs for publishing a book which will earn him millions of dollars. He'll be set for life and end up better off than most of us. He can ride the "I shot bin Laden" gravy train all the way.
  9. Twicepop

Twicepop Well-Known Member

What guy that killed OBL? In December of 2007, Benazir Bhutto the Prime Minister of Pakistan gave a speech about world terrorism. In this speech she spoke of the death of OBL, she named the place, the time of day, and the person who killed Osama bin Laden. A few days later she also was assasinated. I have a very hard time accepting that any American troops were involved his death at any point in time. Especially after hearing this speech. My feelings about this are, that this story was created by the current administration to divert attention from other issues going on at the time. His bady had to be disposed of at sea, so as to not create an uprising because his remains had be burried within 24hrs because of Muslim tradition. Muamarr Kadhafy's body was in a cooler for a month, and no uprising happened because of this. A helocopter (chinook) that supposedly carried the troops involved with OBLs death was shot down in retaliation, or to silence any witnesses.