The Muslim Brotherhood and the Egyptian Crisis

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Marlin T, Feb 2, 2011.

1. SpazFreak1911

SpazFreak1911 New Member

Really? did you even search?. In the 1920's one easy example was the KKK who were a protestant christian group that believed that Catholicism was incompatible with democracy. So much that they burned down a catholic church in 1925 ( church of the little flower). How about 1928 presidential Election? In which Al Smith a catholic was feared because people believed he would take orders from the Pope. Im surprised you asked this because this was prevalent even in the 1960's with Kennedy's election.
  2. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

As I said there has been prejudice and animosity going both ways between catholics and protestants ever since the reformation, but that is a far cry from recognizing the true fundamental differences between how muslims view religion and government vs how the west views them. You are comparing apples and oranges.

Using the KKK's intolerance toward anyone except Christian whites as an example of a westerners perspective of Islam is unfair and insulting. I don't care how anyone chooses to worship, or who. In this country they have a right to worship as they please. But they don't have the right to change our constitution or system of justice to conform to their foreign religion. This country was founded by Christians and Jews in order to provide freedom for all to practice the religion of their choice but NOT TO CHANGE THE SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT THAT GUARANTEES THAT FREEDOM.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  3. SpazFreak1911

SpazFreak1911 New Member

Like i have said Before, Modern Christians and Jews Deviated from there origins. They have accepted modern laws and civilization. The Islamic world for the most part have not Turkey is heading down a modernist road so far. This does not mean that many Muslims in this country have not modernized i know many Muslims that do not accept Shariah and do not use violent passages to justify murder in the quran. Just how you do not see a Jew killing someone for working on the sabbath. Many Muslim youth in this country are modernizing.
  4. ofitg

ofitg New Member

Jack, I came across some interesting reading - includes discussion of Jimmy Carter's right-hand man, Zbigniew Brzezinski -

http://www.terrorism-illuminati.com/arc-of-crisis

I'm still trying to digest it all, but things are making more sense.

Man, those "Global Government" guys have us hopping around like puppets on strings!
  5. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

Winston Churchill said that Islam is the greatest retrograde religion the world has ever known. There is no way it could be compatible with Democracy!