The Native American is in the Fight

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by whymememe, Jun 8, 2012.

1. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

2. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The Navajo Indians played an important role in winning WWII. They used their language to set up a military code that was never broken by the enemy. Powerful stuff. Navajo Code Talkers.

http://tinyurl.com/mjsn8v

Lots of stuff on your link. Bookmarked for viewing. Thx.
  3. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

I was visiting a Navaho medical clinic at Crown Point Indian reservation at four corners in 1993. I was interviewing for a job which I didn't accept because the housing accommodations were so bad, it was so far out in the boonies the nearest hotel was 50 miles away. I would have stayed but my wife was with me and she was a wussy.

Anyway, the Navaho housing supervisor introduced himself by his name which I don't recall, he followed it by U.S. Marine. Like U.S. Marine was his last name. I introduced myself back to him in the same manner except I put U.S. Army. These are a proud people and a national treasure. I believe they prefer to be away from the rest of America. It's like leaving an animal in it's natural habitate rather than a zoo. IMO
  4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

At one time I would agree with you. Today? Not so much. :(

Fwiw, my son is 1/8 Choctaw.
  5. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Bobitis, which sentence is it, that you disagree with. I'm just curious.
  6. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

"I believe they prefer to be away from the rest of America. It's like leaving an animal in it's natural habitate rather than a zoo. IMO"

I believe this statement may be true for a few. Very few.
  7. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

So, you think they want to be intergrated with the white man?
  8. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Integrated? They are integrated.

I guess the reason some may not know it is, they don't do war dances, beat their drums, wear feathers in their hair, tie their horses up in front of the 7-11's, scalp white-eyes, etc. I haven't seen a teepee since I left Utah.
  9. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Most of them live on reservations in substandard conditions.
  10. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

Why, you would be suprised as how many are everywhere, and like me, have never been on a reservation. True, some may prefer life that way, but from what I have heard, the poverty-drugs-and alcohol use is terrible.
    Bobitis, you might not know this, but if you are Native American, that is what you are, regardless of percentage. I am Cherokee from both of my parents. The indian has been painted in a bad light for far too long. Just a thought- who would not be willing to give his life to protect his families life as well as his own? Does that make that man a savage? No. I am sure that everyone here would willingly do that. The history books do not accurately tell what happened. May I suggest reading Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee? It tells the truth of what happened. It was not written by a Native, but it was done by someone who learned the truth, and had the courage to tell it. BTW, I am a Christian, a patriot, and a veteran. I stand for Godliness in our government. Its a shame it isn't there right now.
  11. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

I stand with you Iron Eagle. I might just see if I can get a place on the Reservation. I have medical skills and I can do things with my hands that most men can't.
    I just cannot work with the white man.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  12. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

The reservation, just might be the place to survive the coming anarchy. I wonder if they would allow me to purchase a parcel there.
  13. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

My son gets his 'native' heritage from his mothers side. Mine is one from the 'evil' bastids side. I'm related to William Dawes. He rode with Paul Revere but never got near the attention. I'm sure you're familiar with the Dawes Rolls.

I'm surrounded by many native reservations so I see/read what they do on a daily basis. The native Americans are their own 'nations' according to law. They are soveriegn and not beholding to any state or federal regulations. With this in mind, the States and the fed keep feeding them with subsidies. There're far too many to go into here.

I know many that like to keep their heritage alive and I would gladly stand with them. I've seen far too many that couldn't care less and have no problem feeding off the system, and raping the earth and its resources because they can. :(

Much like slavery, I refuse to be accountable for the plight of the native American. Many I would fight with and respect (such as yourself). Far more would get the cold shoulder.
  14. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

the Dawes Rolls i was not aware of. I will be looking into it. (They have no problem feeding off the system and raping the earth and its resources because they can.) The sentence is hard for me to understand. Is there a typographical error. It seems as if you are attributing traits of the white man to the native american.

The family portrait of my father's family, my grandmother and uncles and aunts is all the confirmation I need to satisfy me that I have Native American ancestry.
  15. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

One of the finest soldiers I served with was SGT Wilbur Jack Smith., Native American from N. Washington. A true warrior I would have followed into Hell knowing he would get me back. I remember his dress uniform during inspections. He had more ribbons on his chest than all the battallion officer cadre combined. I was proud to call him a friend.

My own heritage may be Choctaw on my mother's side. Things are sketchy because she and her brother were dumped at a children's home as toddlers. Won't bore you with a long story, suffice it to say we think my mother's grandmother was Choctaw. Unsure of her grandfather.