1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

The Native American is in the Fight

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by whymememe, Jun 8, 2012.

1. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

2. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

3. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Bobitis, thanks for the tip about the Dawes Rolls. I found the website and found My Grandmother was listed as a member of the Civilized Cherokee Nation. They were granted citizenship and recognized as freemen in 1904, I think it was. This totally confirms what I had believed. I feel better knowing this part of my ancestry.
  4. Palmetto

Palmetto New Member

So many of we white Americans have Indian ancestry back in our families somewhere. Most would never know by looking at us...
  5. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

I was raised around the Creek Indians in south Alabama. The ones that live on the reservations in sub-standard conditions live there because they choose that life style. They could do better if they wanted to, but they don't.