The nay-sayer wanted to see a 5 shot group...

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by The_Rifleman, Jul 8, 2010.

1. RustyFN

RustyFN Member

Now you tell me. :D
  2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Hey Rifleman, that's some GREAT pistol shooting there.
    Keep up the good shooting and keep posting those video's!
    There is always "nay-sayers", well let them be just that...nothing to prove here and
    no awards to be handed out and I for one look forward to see what your going to be pulling off next, and you do! That's some good shooting there.
  3. oneshot onekill

oneshot onekill New Member

Well, I was the nay-sayer and I truly apologize for that. I bow down to your skill as a Marksman. I'm not trying to be condescending here. I have really seen some amazing shots in your videos. My hat's off to you Rifleman.

Today I actually made my own little "uninterrupted" video of a 300 yd. "cold-Bore" shot at the plastic cap from a water bottle. Not the smartest idea I've ever had because the cap is basically white plastic and I stapled it to a white piece of paper. I could only barely make out the staple and a little bit of shadow through the mirage created by this 90+ degree day. Not to mention the wind does crazy things at my range. From the line to about 200yds there was an intermittent crosswind and from there to 300yds it swirls because of the berm on both sides. I'm not making excuses just detailing the conditions. I made the video with the only thing I have to do this with, an iPod Nano that has a built-in video camera. It's an amateurish attempt and I even had my finger in front of the lens for part of it (but not the important parts and I didn't cover it completely). The problem is that my computer won't recognize the iPod since I upgraded my I-Tunes account. I have no freakin' way to get this video out to you. I'm going to try it at work on Monday so stand by. I have an IT guy there that I'll get to help me if he can. I WILL get it out there!

Anyway, I did it because I needed to... After the SH#T-STORM I've endured over this!
  4. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

Cool, I hope you figure out how to YouTube it.

Thanks for the apology, don't worry yourself about it. :)
  5. oneshot onekill

Well my video is over 4 minutes long and my home computer doesn't have enough horsepower to upload it. I got around the iTunes issue but now I'm stuck again. I'm going to try to put it on YouTube if I can figure out how. Be patient with me Rifleman...
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I always carry a black sharpie to the range with me for that very reason oneshot, Sometimes i get so caught up and excited to shoot a 200 yd group that i do stupid hairbrained crap like that and dont realize it til im staring down the scope thinkin "dammit, my target fell off"
  7. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

That is one of the reasons I was telling yo about before, I can't upload a quality video over 30 seconds long. I'm unable to upload a 4 minutes long video of any quality; I usually can't watch a 4 minute video before my connection dies. If it is a high quality video, forget about it! I will not be able to get through the first minute before the flash player crashes. :eek:

If you have a pic of the target, that really is all that anyone should need. I was asking for a "uninterrupted video," because that is where my bar was set at.

I carry one in my shooting bag.
  8. oneshot onekill

OK, Here's an attempt to download the video. I used tinypic to get it into a format I could use. Anyway, like I said, It's very amateur but it is continuous and that was the important part. If you've ever used an iPod Nano for video you'll know why my finger go in the picture a lot. The lens is in the corner of the front of the thing. It doesn't zoom either. Enough excuses...
    View My Video

Oh, by the way... I missed!

And the other holes in that target were from someone else. My target was the piece of paper I stapled to the middle of what was already there and the cap I stapled in the video. So you see, I do carry a sharpie. I just didn't think to use it on the cap. The whole video idea was an afterthought. I wasn't going to do it but when I got into my truck and took a drink from my water-bottle I decided to go ahead and shoot it.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  9. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Looks like a pretty good shot to me. I couldn't come close to something like that. Don't even know how to post a video even if I took a shot. The finger on the lens and the white on white target I can relate to. :D Nice shooting and lots of smiles, thanks.
  10. oneshot onekill

I took a second shot at the same target right after the first one. This time I could see my first hole and used it as a point of reference. I didn't video taking the shot. Just the aftermath. I'll try to get that video up too.

Here's the second video... and a little more info: The bullets were Hornady 150gr SPBT but they were my reloads. The brass was Lake City Match Brass from 1982, the powder was 42gr. of IMR4064 and the primers were CCI200 Large Rifle Primers. The extra brass laying next to the rifle was from earlier shots I took at the gong to zero the scope. It was set at 100yds. After zeroing the scope to 300yds I waited about 30 minutes and was talking to another shooter as he was packing up to leave. I figure that was enough time for the rifle to cool. Hence the shot being called a "cold bore" shot.
    View My Video
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  11. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

very nice. Looks like rifleman has some competition;)
  12. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

I can't view the video. I see you in the car, you get out, then right when I see the target it starts over. Do you just have a pic of the target? I'll trust ya, honest!

I assume my connection is too slow for that site.

[EDIT]
    I tried the second one too, I get about just as far.
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  13. oneshot onekill

I'm sorry. I don't have just a picture of the target and I'm not able to edit the video because of my limited "video" skills. I got it the second time. Not dead center.... But I got it.
    Anyway, I never considered myself "competition". You're a better shot than I am. I just felt I needed to put up or shut up. That way at least you know I'm not just some "Internet zombie hunter". It's all good. Keep those videos coming Rifleman!
  14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

He nailed it rifleman. about 2 o clock of the staple between dead center and the rim of the lid.
  15. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

Cool! I suspected you got it; I never doubted you ability.

Marksmanship a never ending learning experience; whether it come by pixels of a video or of the web-page, to each their own as to what inspires each to learn.

Keep those videos coming Oneshot... If that's what you want.