The Net has ears and eyes.

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Haligan, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Haligan

Haligan Active Member

Ok, we all know people are watching what is posted online.

This is more proof.
    I'm not condoning anything, defending anything, suggesting anything. All I'm saying is WATCH WHAT YOU SAY ONLINE.
    You can see what kind of a "fair" report your gonna get from the mainstream media. And all the little medias as well.
    http://www.app.com/article/20090624/NEWS/90624100/1001/rss

Prosecutors quoted a Turner Internet posting as saying: "Let me be the first......."
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  2. 45nut

45nut New Member

Well Duh, how can he not expect the alphabets to show up after those comments. It just proves that morons exist in all cultures. ;)
  3. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Without judging a guy, who has said publicly certain people should be killed, I think we should all keep in mind what we write can be read by anyone, anywhere. From your local Fed to an Intel officer in N Korea.

Best kept in mind.
  4. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

I have even heard of people getting picked up after saying something stupid in a bar. Most of what people say is just stupid talk and fustration and there is nothing real to it but some people take it too seriously.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    And I might add that what is written on forums can, and may be, interpreted in several different ways!
  6. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

All in all, it never hurts that everyone be reminded!
    Thanks, Haligan!
  7. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

Let me just go on the record and say i love all our elected officials, they are the best thing since sliced bread.
  8. Southern Boy

Southern Boy New Member

Presenting your opinion about what someone deserves is not a crime. However when you give adresses, maps, and bring up a similar crime; you have crossed the line.What did this guy think was gonna happen? Now if some nutjob out there does the deed, his head is gonna roll along with the nutjob. Good post though, it reminds us of that line in the sand.
  9. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Well said. I might add the authorities here in Spain are also really nice guys, in case they are reading this, bonshure monsures.
  10. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

I love my gubbermint, too!
  11. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Kind of like ACORN?
  12. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

Yes, a good reminder of unintended results when venting.

However, point to ponder....would as much attention be paid if the same thing was said about an accused murderer who was pending or on trial, or pending culmination of sentence? "Mr. "X" derserves to die." I think not. This is politically charged and trying to be equated to shouting "fire" in a theater.

Police officers have also reaped such for venting, it gets brought out in court and they either lose the case or get sued for that venting that they really didn't mean. There was a fairly recent case/example of this in New York (I think it was).
  13. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I agree with that statement.

However, having worked for a couple of 3-letters, I understand that some people HAVE to take some things seriously. Fat-mouthing can bring you some serious questioning. Posting intent, ways and means, and advocating beyond just "I'm POed and won't take it any longer" will get you a lot of attention.

Pops
  14. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

another long post edited and deleted.
  15. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I will say that this feller should have known better. As far as me, I am not pleased with the way our government is ran. YOU READING THIS FREDDIE THE FED I AM NOT HAPPY, TELL YOUR SUPERIORS TO START USING LUBE CUZ MY BUTTHOLE HURTS. However I do not want to see people offed in mass numbers to fix it either. Mabbe just remove them from power for a while and take away their creditcards, and privlidges. I dont like feeding WHO DAT,s lobster with my tax money. Its the damn whitehouse for crist sake move the cluckin mother in law out jerkoffs I aint feedin this hooker better than my family eats. That nag does not deserve it. Freddie I own guns and I am PISSED OFF. But I have not nor will not threaten nobody.
  16. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

The way I read it, 'crying fire' in a crowded theater is akin to threatening bodily harm. People would be hurt in the ensueing rampage to the exits.

I can get angry and spout off to take you to court. No physical harm in that. I can get po'd about your dog crapping in my yard and claim I'm calling the pound. I can threaten to call the cops cuz you're making too much noise.
    Again, no bodily harm or destruction of property.

However, when someone says 'someone should die, or 'burn their house down'', I have a problem with that.

If this guy made the same statements against you or your family, how would you feel? Threatened perhaps? Should the Judge feel less intimidated?

Seriously, what is the point of a restraining order?
    Some get caught, some don't. Do YOU wanna be the one at the butt end of the one that gets missed?
  17. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Sorry, did it again.
    Self edit
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  18. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

The only threat I have spoken of is the threat to the United States Constitution. The promise I make is to defend the United States Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  19. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

Absolutely. My point was to chose the words carefully when venting because when we're angry about something, the emotions rule and once they have left your tongue (or keyboard in this case), you cannot take them back.

How often do we hurt a loved one in the same manner?
  20. Haligan

Haligan Active Member

My mother gave me some advise early on in my life and it is as true as ever.

"Never photograph, or write down(put online), anything that you wouldn't want the whole world to see."

(my addition)