The Net has ears and eyes.

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Haligan, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

The way I read it, 'crying fire' in a crowded theater is akin to threatening bodily harm. People would be hurt in the ensueing rampage to the exits.

I can get angry and spout off to take you to court. No physical harm in that. I can get po'd about your dog crapping in my yard and claim I'm calling the pound. I can threaten to call the cops cuz you're making too much noise.
    Again, no bodily harm or destruction of property.

However, when someone says 'someone should die, or 'burn their house down'', I have a problem with that.

If this guy made the same statements against you or your family, how would you feel? Threatened perhaps? Should the Judge feel less intimidated?

Seriously, what is the point of a restraining order?
    Some get caught, some don't. Do YOU wanna be the one at the butt end of the one that gets missed?
  2. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Sorry, did it again.
    Self edit
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  3. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

The only threat I have spoken of is the threat to the United States Constitution. The promise I make is to defend the United States Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  4. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

Absolutely. My point was to chose the words carefully when venting because when we're angry about something, the emotions rule and once they have left your tongue (or keyboard in this case), you cannot take them back.

How often do we hurt a loved one in the same manner?
  5. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

My mother gave me some advise early on in my life and it is as true as ever.

"Never photograph, or write down(put online), anything that you wouldn't want the whole world to see."

(my addition)
  6. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Or,
    "Say it with flowers,
    Say it with mink,
    Say it with feeling,
    But NEVER in ink!"