The never-ending story...Canadian Hand Gun Ban, Part II

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John Y., Feb 5, 2006.

1. John Y.

John Y. New Member

Hi guys,

A quick update.

Two weeks ago, the Conservative party of Canada won the federal election. This is the only party to be gun friendly. The other parties, including the then in-power Liberals, were touting a complete handgun ban.

What a great feeling to have gone to the range yesterday knowing that I have the freedom to do so.

The power in this country is held in Ontario. The proponents for the handgun ban come from Ontario. Now, having lost the election, elements of the Liberal party want a handgun ban in the province of Ontario. I detect some sour grapes.

Here is the latest news.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...ageid=968332188492&col=968793972154&t=TS_Home

I live in British Columbia and thank goodness for that.

JY
  2. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

'And if Ottawa doesn’t give provinces the power to ban such weapons, Bryant said, Ontario “will have to look at the narrow constitutional opportunities that are available to us.” '

OH MY GOD... Those words sent a chill down my spine when I read them, even BEFORE I read the rest of that Liberal CRAP!

'Narrow Constitutional Opportunities" my @SS! Even if it's THEIR Constitution they're talking about, I'm sure Schumer or Feinstein will use that line here, and SOON...
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2006