1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

The new GLOBAL new deal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marlin T, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

What do you think the odds are that Obomba will go along with this new screw us deal?

Brown heads to US to seek "global new deal"

LONDON (AFP) – Prime Minister Gordon Brown wants to forge a "global new deal" on reviving the ailing world economy when he becomes the first European leader to visit US President Barack Obama this week.

Brown said that during his trip to Washington he wanted to strike a stronger "partnership of purpose" aimed at fighting the financial downturn, as he played up US-British ties.

After the handshakes and pledges that the US-British so-called "Special Relationship" is stronger than ever, Obama and Brown are set to focus on discussing the massive economic stimulus packages they have both undertaken when they meet on Tuesday.

The leaders are also expected to press for greater help from other countries in sharing the burden of fighting the insurgency in Afghanistan.

"I believe there is no challenge so great or so difficult that it cannot be overcome by America, Britain and the world working together," Brown wrote in The Sunday Times.

"That is why President Obama and I will discuss this week a global new deal, whose impact can stretch from the villages of Africa to reforming the financial institutions of London and New York -- and giving security to the hard-working families in every country."

"I see this global new deal as an agreement that every continent injects resources into its economy."

It would require all continents to make cash injections to boost economies, all countries to adopt green policies, universal banking reforms and changes to international bodies, he suggested.

"I have always been an Atlanticist... I want to do more to strengthen even further our relationship with America."

With Brown hosting a summit of the Group of 20 developed and developing countries in London on April 2, he wants to ensure he and Obama share the same goals for a meeting which the world is looking to for fresh economic direction.

"There needs to be a very strong, shared agenda between the UK and the US going forward to the summit," a British official in Washington told reporters, adding that Brown would be putting forward ideas for "cleaning up and reforming the world of finance."

In the wake of the huge problems in banks worldwide, triggered by their exposure to subprime mortgages in the United States, Brown has called for tougher banking regulation and an overhaul of the financial system.

The wealthiest G20 nations will be expected to help the world's poorest countries weather the economic storm.

"So to our minds that requires more resources from the International Monetary Fund in particular to enable them to have the firepower to help these countries," the British official said.

Brown and the leaders of Europe's other major economies recently agreed to back proposals to add an extra 250 billion dollars (175 billion pounds, 197 billion euros) -- double the current level of funding -- to the IMF budget.

As the global economic woes deepen, Obama is also deeply engaged in the process of shifting Washington's focus from Iraq to Afghanistan, confirming on Friday that US combat operations in Iraq would end within 18 months.

Obama has already promised that 17,000 additional US troops will be sent to Afghanistan this year to join 38,000 already there. Britain has the second-biggest contingent in the violence-wracked country with 8,500 troops.

Officials said they did not expect Obama to press Brown to increase Britain's presence, but they are expected to unite in calling for more help from other allies.

Britain is also believed to back suggestions that Iran could be encouraged to use its influence in the region to help reduce the violence.

On Wednesday, Brown will become the fifth British leader to address the US Congress.

British diplomats will be rejoicing that Brown has beaten French President Nicolas Sarkozy and German Chancellor Angela Merkel to the coveted first meeting with Obama and his party hopes it will boost his flagging poll scores.
  2. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

I think it's a done deal.

One of the techniques of propaganda is to use key words over and over, of course. The more we hear and read "global; universal; international; world" in relation to finances, health care, environmental issues, etc., the more we'll become numb to the concepts; they become commonplace...at least, that's their hope.

The NWO is on our doorstep peddling promises of making the world a better place to live. Too many are going to fall for it like sheep being led to the slaughter, I'm afraid.
  3. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I think that's the reason for the manufactured crisis we've seen emerging over the past few years. Heck, it may have been brewing for longer than we know. I'm positive, based on what I think I know about economics that the decisions being made are not being made to strengthen our capitalist system. I don't believe it's a matter of opinions; mine being different than these so-called 'economists'. I believe we're pushing toward breaking down our economy such that new 'deals' can more easily pass.

The example I've given in the past is as follows... If the government owns a stake in your house, your retirement and all your healthcare, are you then likely to accept new programs that may have been painful in the past? Yes, absolutely... :(
  4. glocknut

glocknut New Member

It boggles the mind what they want to do to our country... :mad::(

mike
    gn
  5. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

gee, I was so pumped up on Saturday after hearing Rush's speech....

today....I'm ready to leave the country again...

but where? sigh...

:mad::mad::mad:
  6. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Your words are dead on and most folks not on here or one of the other sites like this really believe that it is the best thing for them. It is so sad I could cry, but then the water would blur my sights :rolleyes:
  7. Islandboy

Islandboy New Member

This has echoes of "one world order" doesn't it?
    I don't want my world planned by these idiots, nor do I want to foot the bill!
    Next thing, some bright spark will call for one global currency and suggest we start from scratch.
  8. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

And of course the UN or the NWO will want all people to turn in all guns :eek:
    Yea right come on down south and get them :D:D:D:D
  9. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

That's why I proudly wear the shirt below that I bought on TFF's buy/sell/trade forum. http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=54431 I got the pistol shirt. :D

[​IMG]