1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

The New Math is Not Gonna Work

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by PPK 32, Dec 21, 2009.

1. PPK 32

PPK 32 Active Member

Time after time I have caught myself saying the same thing. How much more can we take before something changes. I think we have hit that point in Crook--- I mean Cook County Illinois. Got the tax bill, found out instead of a customer, I have become an unwilling donor to the county. So here's how the old math works. Shrink down the square footage (thank goodness we lease), and start looking for a new location. As buildings become vacant and stay that way, landlords will be unable to keep up with the taxes. More and more property will be turned over to the county. The tax base will shrink even more and some dummy is gonna hike up the taxes even more. More and more empty buildings--its happening right now. Its all very sad and unnecessary, those trying to hang on to the land are bulldozing the buildings so they are on unimproved taxes for the property. But it still does not sell. Wonder who they are gonna tax once everyone moves out.
  2. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

:mad:

Disgusting.
  3. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I feel for you.
    We lived downstate (Peoria), and the unimproved land there became taxed beyond the capacity for crops to pay for it.
    That was 30 years ago, and caused us to move earlier than we had planned to TN, with a MUCH lower tax rate.

Not too long after that, the real-estate bubble burst and farming became marginally profitable once more in the area.

IDIOTS run that state, and since both Judy and I were born and raised there, I am qualified to say that.
  4. PPK 32

PPK 32 Active Member

There is not one person that has lived or lives here that would disagree with ya on that. Idiots AND crooks!