The New Orleans visit

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by cycloneman, Oct 17, 2009.

1. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Well there was a story on Mr. o-ram-a-bill past ya today about a visit he made to New Orleans. Great! I didn't get a chance to post it because i was tending to the grandaughter. But it was about fixing more of the Katrina bs.

Those that havent rebuilt are the ones that are not going to. Period! They don't have the ability to do anything on their own. They need someone to do it for them. I do not feel sorry for these people. They are now living somewhere else and still on the dole.

I read that a boy asked a question to the mity one. Guess what it was? The question was "Why dont people like you"? Or something very close to that. He had a great answer all too ready for the lad. hmmmmm. staged.

Our beloved govenor was there with his wife i believe. I would not have gone. The big O has no time to meet with our allied leaders or our generals on the field. But he has time to meet with commie rulers. I would have too much pride for myself, my wife, and my state to go. I know the state is looking for money to resore the coast. Screw that. I say tax the oil, gas, and fishing industry to support the restoration. To me this is a state problem and has nothing to do with the fed. So i guess i am saying we need to stop kissing their backsides for money.

Anyway I would not have gone, would you?
  2. kingchip

kingchip New Member

As I understand, he went from N.O. to San Francisco, to College station, Tx. That's economizing. Now that's a shortcut.
  3. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

It is tough for any governor to snub a president. I'm guessing he didn't hug and kiss him but preformed the duties of his office unlike the joker he was greeting.
  4. artabr

artabr New Member

You are correct. I think the SF trip was for a fund raiser. I wonder how much that cost us? :mad:

Art
  5. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

The kid should have asked "why do you hate America".
  6. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

I like New Orleans, but I have to wonder, just how smart is it to build your house below sea level? If you are going to gamble between the technology of Man and Mother Nature, I say Mother Nature will win eventually. The Katrina scenario WILL happen again. It's just a question of when. And the same idiots depending on the government to rebuild New Orleans and their lives, will be the same idiots with their hands out- stretched again waiting on the government (using OUR tax dollars) to rebuild yet again.

And again.

And again.

On a side note, I read an article a couple of years back in National Geographic that had to do with the rebuilding of New Orleans. They included a map showing all of the city color coded to show the areas most prone to flooding ranging from least prone to most prone. Even though the Corp of Engineers recommended not allowing the most flood prone areas to be rebuilt, Mayor Nagin went ahead and allowed building permits for those areas.

Guess he did not want to piss off his voting base.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  7. wabryan1

wabryan1 New Member

CXyclo:
    After the 2005 big blow and the locals reassignment of personal property, I wrote the D-Day museum several times asking if the had their property "redistributed". They never would answer. Do you know if the theiving #@*?#*d's made off with any of the display items?
    Thanks
    Bill
  8. wabryan1

wabryan1 New Member

hkruss:
    Good question. Holland is below sea level. Maybe they don't have a corrupt administration?
  9. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

No I don't know. But i do know "they" robbed the superdome of anything they could pry up with there hands like the stadum seats. I saw pictures of #$@@#$% walking down the street with chairs. In fact there was talk of replacing the dome because of all the damage. And it wasn't all from the Hurricane. Ya gotta love it. And Huston invited them over. :D:D:D:D They ain't never gona do that again.:D:D:D:D
  10. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

I guess ole Ray is bound and determined to have his "chocolate city" as he put it, regardless of the consequences. When it happens again, just blame Washington....... Again.