The new world leader in Supercomputing.

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by 45Auto, Nov 4, 2010.

1. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_16481297?IADID=Search-www.mercurynews.com-www.mercurynews.com

I'm sad to say it's China. The new Tianhe-1A of Red China is now the worlds fastest supercomputer.

China has a long term commitment to develope the world's greatest colleciton of computer experts. This and other gains in computing will give them the edge in military and economic matters.

I predict the next Pearl Harbor for the U.S. will be an extremely powerfull cyber attack. It may or may not originate in China, but the day will come.

What does the growing strength of China tell us about ourselves? Politicaly we are incapable of accomplishing much for the common good of the nation. Most of our politicians don't act on anything without instructions from corporate lobbyists (who also write the laws). And our corporate giants are focused more upon boosting profits in the next quarter than the long term needs of the United States in the years to come. It looks like we must boost scientific education and employment in the USA to hold our own in this unfriendly world. But that would involve our government spending money, setting national policy and doing other unpopular "big government" stuff. The ship is sinking folks. How do we bail it out?
  2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

They're moving towards capitalism and we are moving away from it....the results are not surprising.

mike
    gn
  3. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

I don't think we are moving away from capitalism, that's no more than a hollow political slogan. The Chinese Government is directing and spending the money for education and infrastruction. Here in the west, the real trend is in the direction of the new 'international capitalism' with a rejection of nationalism. (In other words, "screw the U.S.A., England, etc. I'm going to go where-ever and do whatever it takes to make more money). Western greed is feeding the dragon, making the totalitarian Chinese State more and more powerfull. Capitalism is a tool to strengthen the Chinese State and any capitalist who gets out of line in China is still subject to summary execution, imprisonment, etc.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  4. lentz

lentz Former Guest

If they are so smart,why are they still eating with sticks!?
  5. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Because eating with sticks is not as complicated as the 'western' world would believe. We have chosen to relegate these 'chopstick' users to 3rd world status. Due to our ignorance, they are now kicking the worlds combined arse.

They'd have no problem using a fork, but would probably prefer sticks given the option. Can we say that about citizens of the most industrialized nations? I doubt it. In the US, we use sticks for roasting marshmallos.

So who's foolish here?
  6. Warith

Warith Member

The chinese cyber attacks on the US goverment computer sysrtems at USDA are coming in at the rate of 4 to 5 thousand hits a day. Those are just the ones we block and know about how many are actualy getting past our blocks? How many are hitting the pentigon or white house systems daily?
  7. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

As we go about our lives, spending money for Chinese made goods, the arrival of China as a super power has largely gone unnoticed by most Americans. To the extent that any media commentators address the rise of China it is to say that Americans must get used to it.

For many of us, the only way we can look at anything is through the "Right vs. Left" slogans which the mass media has been teaching us to use. When I point out the issue of American jobs strengthening China, I am called a "protectionist." Another knee-jerk name for anyone who stands for the USA instead of international corporate profits.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  8. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Our country is broke. Even if you want to buy American, it's almost imposible. All of our companies have, or are in the process, of moving to other countries, like China. We don't make anything here anymore, it's all imported. The Comunists, and Muslims, are trying to take over our country. Our money is fast becoming worthless! It ain't looking good! However, America has had it's butt between a rock, and a hard place before. I'm still holding out hope that we are finally wakeing up!
  9. glocknut

glocknut New Member

...and don't forget the sideways female organs as well... :D

Well, at least they are not going after my "favorite" websites.... :cool:

mike
    gn
  10. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

chopsticks are cheaper than silverware