The news

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 358 winchester, Mar 5, 2009.

1. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

The news is so depressing that I can't stand to watch it. We gave way to much money to the car makers and now they say it wasn't enough they have to have more or go under. The same with banks and insurance companies, the list just continues to grow.
    The dollar amounts just keep going up and our tax debits right along with them. The worst part of all of this is the everyday cost of living is increasing to the point that many working Americans can't afford to keep working. The cost of child care and a second vehicle has many looking at the fact that it cost more to work then it does to stay home.
    The major companies are charging more each day for the products they produce in order to pay their bills and we have to pay for it because none of them are willing to let their share of the wages drop. Have you seen any corporate take a cut in pay the last couple of decades?
    Now add in the " I want it free crowd" and we see that even more of our money is being wasted / spent on programs that cause more people to ask for their government hand outs. Again the tax is increased to pay for these programs and we have to pay them out of our pockets.
    I haven't a clue which will come first but two things are about to happen;
    1: the people are going to revolt and refuse to pay any more for another persons life style. This is going to cause a civil war that will bring forth so many different groups fighting for control that we will not know who is who. It will be a long bloody battle around the world and it will be a long one too.
    2: The UN or some other such organization will step up to the plate and tell us all that starting TODAY we will all be given x amount of income and that the price for every item will be controlled by them. We will be told just what we can and will buy and just when and where to report each week for either work or duty. All our rights and privileges will be taken from us and we will do as they say or be sent away for re-education ( prison camps is another name for them).
    The scary part is that with the zebra that we have in office right now will go along with this so that we "can all live better lives".
    Any way you look at it over the next few years we will be fight just to survive both physically and financially, may GOD helps us all.
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I haven't voluntarily tuned in to a MSM newscast since about 1975 !!!!!!

AND - - -

I'm not going to start now.....
  3. No point in starting now, Marlin, not if you want the truth. The news media in this country, especially CNN, is so FUBARed that I'd rather be accused of pimping in a cheap bordello rather than accused of watching it. :(
  4. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Hold on tight, it is going to be a rough ride.
    They are just getting STARTED. :mad:
  5. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

You know pardners..with this att uverse..I havent watched anything news like ( cept Nancy Grace..followinthat por little florida girl Caley story ) in long time...really....only hit local affiliates for "CSI Miami "...'the uh...FBI Profilers..Criminal MInds ...and maybe Numbers....

other wise 24 hour westerns or TCM or gun/hunt channels (3)....

and just thinkin..most economic or political I worry about I get here..thanks to kind people like Artabr, Lori , Pinecone...and us all.......depressing enough even here if not carefull...thats why yall gotta tell em not to ban me
    just cause I try to make us all crack a smile once in a while.........I really like this site and the people..since the leg problem..I now realize what past observances really meant when I saw "forum" nuts or regulars anywhere.....

I believe these places are kinda like the way we live our lives...up to us...and lookin in here....some of us live pretty well........;)
  6. artabr

artabr New Member

The ride will be ruff.
    Four flat tires, the shocks are busted, the car pulls the the left, the driver is lost, the back seat drivers are nuts and they are just about out of gas if they don't get more soon. :mad:

I think I'll walk. ;)

Art
  7. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

10-4 sir....and a lot may be walkin soon. YOu know I just cant feel sorry for auto makers or dealer lots ( and im sorry if any here or close are involved...god bless them and help them )..I swear I can almost remember the day or was it awhole week that I woke up and cars the day before were 8 maybe 9000. But TODAY they are 21K.........if u go back and look there was NOT a linear scale jump as year sbefore....

anyway...I want makers to make 30 hr and have health and be happy ...but sorry....

here a story...be mad or get glad ......from my heart as truth....

Right before I was born ( yes , I was ) my daddy worked at GM here in arlington or Ft Worth...he was a good "solderer"..bet you may not know what that was....before more modern methods of metal work..the Seams on cars were solderd over, then sanded flat...like a kinda ...less stree weld I guess...

well..and rememebr my father was one of the most fairest men who ever lived..for people..their opinions, beliefs, religions, their color..etc......
    and his take on the unions (at that time mind you ) was that he noticed real quick..that when say...there was a vote on something important like..(real example) a thing where workers would get undeniable better --everything little later or flat 5 cents hr RIGHT now...he saw how workers pushed towards smaller rewards that allowed more dues out quicker....
    by same breath he woul dpraise unions for safety need, such as mining..are to help our Garment workers fairly..etc....
    anyway..in NEWS..price reflection...etc...I havent seen anything but business as usual with local auto makers...
    except som enotice about imports...however I believe many of our big guys are involved with them too.......

there may come a day that when you buy a US made car..all will have come from outside workers...run by few whores......I believe we're nearly there.....
  8. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Man, now that paints a mental picture.... :D:D:D:D;)

mike
    gn