1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

The Nighthawk....

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by 45Smashemflat, Mar 28, 2006.

1. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

Well, it finally got here, and I made it to the range over the weekend for a 500 round break in.

This is a full-on custom order from Nighthawk Custom. They combined parts of their Recon and Predator package to create this beuty. Essentially its a Predator slide and a Recon frame - in order to get the light rail. Very cool customer service and follow up from the shop during the build process. I highly recommend this shop for anyone wanting a high end 1911.

For the detail-oriented folks: This is a Caspian matched slide and frame. Match bushingless bull barrell. FLGR. Amb-safety, Checkered back-of-slide and front strap. Magwell extension. Novak night sights. Ribbed top strap. 3# trigger. Surefire weapon light. Two-tone ceramic finish. 1" @25yds gaurantee (+ a test target fired with 3 brands of ammo and signed by the three guys who made the gun.)

The break in rounds went well. Found one MecGar magazine that would not function with this gun. Wilsons and Kimbers did fine. The Nighthawk mags look to be MecGars, but oddly the original MecGar I had from years ago, which functions in a Kimber, would not work in this gun. Simply could not push it in far enough to latch....hmmmm. One round nose-dived, but it was to short overall, so it was tossed. Other than issues with that one mag and the one short round, there were no malfunctions.

I thought you might like some close ups of the fine work on the front and back of the slide.

Can't wait to go again....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2006
  2. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Very nice. They've got one here at the local gun shop. Wouldn't mind having it, but they are at the Wilson Combat price and I cant afford a wilson.
  3. Corey King

Corey King New Member

Sweet. Sure beats the hell out of my 91 Colt Compact. Congrats, man.. have fun with it!
  4. Kimber Man

Kimber Man New Member

Nice gun.............Please give a range report after break in period. Held nothing but good about this gun and would like to get additional info. If possible.

Good luck with it.
  5. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Looks great man