The NRA is Helping Preserve the Anti Gun Democrat Majority

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by RunningOnMT, Oct 7, 2010.

1. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

The NRA is Helping Preserve the Anti Gun Democrat Majority

http://www.redstate.com/dhorowitz3/...ping-preserve-the-anti-gun-democrat-majority/

Tuesday, October 5th at 8:07AM EDT

Believe it or not, the only ones who might help Nancy Pelosi save her House majority are those who run legislative affairs at the NRA. So called Blue Dog Democrats across the nation are campaigning as red meat conservatives in their home districts, while running deceptive ads about their Republican opponents. They campaign as if they have nothing to do with the Democrat Party that they propelled to power and which passed all of the nefarious legislation that they purport to oppose. The sick irony is that the more successful these liars are in distancing themselves from Pelosi, the more likely it will be that Pelosi will remain Speaker. Here is my previous report on the need to expose the blue dogs. Also, check out the Club for Growth’s excellent report on the lie of the conservative Democrat.

Fortunately, as long as the conservative rhetoric is coming from the Democrat candidates themselves, the voters aren’t buying it. However, when the NRA parachutes in and endorses that Democrat for reelection over their 2nd amendment champion Republican opponents, people might give credence to their claims of being born again conservatives. The sad thing is that the NRA is endorsing Democrats in the very districts that we must win in order to obtain 39 seats. Here is a list of some of the Democrats who the NRA is endorsing that could cost us the majority:

AL-2: Bobby Bright
    AR-4: Mike Ross
    Ca-18: Dennis Cardoza
    CO-3: John Salazar
    CO-4: Betsy Markey
    FL-2: Allen Boyd
    Ga-2: Sanford Bishop
    Ga-8: Jim Marshall
    Ga-12: John Barrow
    IA-3: Leonard Boswell
    IL-11: Debbie Halvorson
    IL-12: Jerry Costello
    IN-Senate-Brad Ellsworth
    IN-2: Joe Donnely
    IN-8: Trent Van Haaften
    IN-9: Baron Hill
    KY-6: Ben Chandler
    MD-1: Frank Kratovil
    MI-1: Gary McDowell
    MN-1: Tim Walz
    MS-1: Travis Childers
    MS-4: Gene Taylor
    MO-4: Ike Skelton
    NC-7: Mike McIntyre
    NC-8: Larry Kissell
    NC-11: Heath Shuler
    ND-At Large: Earl Pomeroy
    NM-1: Martin Heinrich
    NM-2: Harry Teague
    NM-3: Ben Lujan
    NY-20: Scott Murphy
    NY-23: Bill Owens
    NY-24: Mike Acruri
    OH-Gov. Ted Strickland
    OH-6: Charlie Wilson
    OH-16: John Boccieri
    OH-18: Zack Space
    OK-2: Dan Boren
    OR-5: Kurt Schrader
    PA-4: Jason Altmire
    PA-10: Chris Carney
    PA-11: Paul Kanjorski
    PA-12: Mark Critz
    PA-17: Tim Holden
    SD-At Large: Stephanie Sandlin
    TN-4: Lincoln Davis
    TN-8: Roy Herron
    TX-17: Chet Edwards
    UT-2: Jim Matheson
    VA-2: Glenn Nye
    VA-5: Tom Perriello
    VA-9: Rick Boucher
    WI-3: Ron Kind
    WI-8: Steve Kagen
    WV-Senate: Joe Manchin
    WV-3: Nick Rahall

There are a total of 53 Democrats in competitive/semi competitive districts that the NRA has endorsed. There is simply no pathway to the majority without winning most of these seats. Let me pose the following question. What would be a more effective advertisement in these districts, an endorsement from the Sierra Club or from the NRA? I think that it is quite clear that the NRA is one of the most effective organizations that are helping to preserve the Democrats majority.

It is important to note that the NRA is also staying out of some of the most vital Senate races like the Nevada Senate race because they are too scared of angering the Democrats. In addition, they have endorsed Joe Manchin in West Virginia and Brad Ellsworth in Indiana.

The damning question for the hacks at the NRA is this. If your endorsements really achieve their desired results and save those red district Democrats from defeat, then how can the GOP take back the House? Do you really think that a Pelosi led congress would be more pro second amendment than the Republican led congress?

The NRA political hacks keep repeating ad nauseum that they endorse pro second amendment candidates, not conservative ones. But here is the problem. They are endorsing those who belong to a party that is anti gun at its core, and who are only pandering to the gun lobby to get elected in their right leaning districts. Worse yet, they are endorsing these frauds over staunch pro gun legislators like Andy Harris (MD-1) and Kristi Noem (SD-At Large). They make it seem as if they are endorsing pro gun Democrats over anti gun Republicans!

Do they not see through the election year pandering of the blue dogs? Are they unaware of their Republican challengers, many of them having stellar pro gun records in state legislatures? Can they really say with a straight face that dingy Harry is just as pro gun as Sharon Angle? Do they understand that even if the blue dog is sincerely pro gun, it is totally worthless because he will be preserving the anti gun majority who control the leadership positions, chairmanships, and Rules Committee? Surely, these veteran politicos are aware of the political dynamic of the 2010 elections and the legislative process. They simply care about their own self preservation and political clout on the Hill, even at the expense of the second amendment.

The NRA knows that electing a Republican majority would be the best way to preserve the second amendment and protect gun rights. But the end game for the NRA is not the protection of gun rights; it is the preservation of the NRA. They have wagered that by playing ball with the Democrats, the NRA will project a more bi-partisan image and thus obtain some clout with the real power brokers. They will be able to obtain such favors as exceptions from the unconstitutional Disclose Act.

I understand exactly what these political hacks are thinking. It is kind of the same approach that AIPAC has taken when advocating for specific foreign policy positions. They fear that if they support the Republican’s authentic pro-Israel stances (like moving the embassy to Jerusalem or cutting off all aid to the PLO terrorists), the Democrats cannot and will not support it. The end result would be that AIPAC would lose clout with the Democrats and be marginalized in terms of their record of success and effectiveness. They will therefore oppose measures that help Israel (and by extension, America) in order to promote and preserve their own influence on Capitol Hill. The NRA is no different.

This is exactly what is motivating the NRA to endorse incumbent Democrats who sport a marginally pro gun record. They get to brag about a bi-partisan influence, while incentivizing Democrats to cut them deals. What they don’t realize is that these Democrats are part of a radical left majority that despises gun rights. The Democrat leadership will give these blue dogs a hall pass to vote against them on gun issues, but there is a major catch. Leadership will fail to bring up any meaningful gun legislation during their tenure as majority party in congress. Think about it, how many substantive roll call votes have been taken on gun issues during the 111th congress? Three? Four? So now, these blue dogs get to promote their “three gun votes to know where” and the NRA will support them over a Republican who has fought for gun rights in a substantive and proactive way during their entire career.

Even though the NRA gets most of their support from conservative Republicans and its success has invariably been linked to the conservative movement, they are now divorcing themselves from us. Well, we should reciprocate the favor and pledge not one dime for these frauds. Gun Owners of America is the real pro second amendment organization in this country! They will protect the second amendment along with every amendment by electing a conservative majority.
    Cross-posted to Red Meat Conservative
  2. obxned

obxned New Member

I have no idea anymore exactly what the NRA stands for, and I'm not sure they do either.
  3. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Ah yes, the NRA at its finest.

The NRA is a political machine with a political agenda.

Much like the democratic party in control, they can afford to sacrifice a few votes for the overall affect. Their support looks good to the liberals in those districts. More possible members dontcha know.

It's all about the money. The NRA would sell its soul for the right price.
    The members are its soul. They're using my money to sell me out.

Nice group of freedom fighters there...:rolleyes::mad:
  4. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

Having a hard time checking NRA to see what they are doing. Lousy wireless internet connection. I will say this, though. I wonder about them because they try to get me to renew my membership immediately after I already have. And I get renewal requests monthly. And then they want more money to help in the fight. Seems to me that if they quit trying to get folks to renew early they'd have the money, wouldn't they? I hate to say this, but, they are starting to sound like one of those "scam" organizations. Just thinking.
  5. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

That's why I dumped them and got a lifetime membership in the GOA. Pops recommended another org; the Second Amendment Foundation, which I'm planning on joining here shortly. They seem like a very solid group. Here's a link to their web site:

http://www.saf.org/
  6. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I'd rather join GOA over NRA. To me, it seems like the NRA is just concerned with being able to have firearms. Not to what extent we can have them. If they were really about firearms rights, they would be fighting any and all regulations on them, which I don't see them doing.
  7. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

The NRA used to stand for the people. It's now over run with progressive liberals. They've gotten too big for their britches and they know it.

Members are jumping ship by the thousands. They're desparate and they'll do ANYTHING to keep the money flowing.

They have stooped so low that they are grovelling for liberal support and thrown the conservatives to the gutter.

It's suicide on their part, and they're too stoopid to figure it out. That straw ain't gonna reach to the surface when you're 100 feet under water.

The NRA is its own worst enemy, and the chickens have come to roost.

Good luck Wayne. You and your cronies are gonna need it.:p