The Nuge And Sarah Palin

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by artabr, Sep 4, 2008.

1. artabr

artabr New Member

2. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

The more I read from Chuck, the more I like him.

Thanks for the link Art.
  3. SolidVFR

SolidVFR New Member

A good article! Thanks!
  4. redhart

redhart New Member

Should be easy to pick a candidate now(duh)
  5. myfaforumname

myfaforumname Former Guest

That has to be a pretty small park. I know many of the people on here want a love-in for whatever conservative candidate that comes along, but at least find some blogs with some content to get your opinions.

Yes, Palin is an outsider to Washington. In fact, she's an outsider to most any high office. Most of her experience is in running a city of 5,000 people. Less than two years in a governor's seat doesn't qualify her to take over should McCain have any serious health issues in office. Notice how she didn't run for President? That's because if she had, she wouldn't have gotten any delegates. She doesn't have the experience.

She might talk about how Washington is broken, but I haven't heard either her nor McCain talk about how they would fix it. While the Pelosi led congress has record low levels, the article fails to discuss the record low levels for the Republican president. You can't really mention one without the other. There's great discontent towards anything in Washington right now. The congress has been held back by W, who, nearing the end of his term, has finally figured out what a veto is.

Given that McCain's voting record very much mirrors that of Bush, I'm not sure what the large scale change will be. McCain would not doubt be much better at reaching across the aisle to get things done. The odd thing is when he's done that in the past, he's gotten the disgust of so many of the people who now cheer him as a maverick.

In terms of leading the charge? Palin's job, according to McCain, would be to, "check the pulse of the President every morning". A vice-President, particularly one with very little experience, isn't going to have much influence on policy at all. She's not Dick Cheney.

While the author thinks she'll shrink Washington, there's no actual substance to that idea. McCain has noted that he'd do this by pulling out his veto pen, but never really put anything behind it. The veto pen doesn't stop entitlement spending from ballooning the coming years.

The author also walks into the nice quagmire that they've created with this ticket and campaign. The author notes:
    "It’s wrong to suggest that just because Gov. Palin is not a career D.C. politician that she lacks the experience and intelligence to lead the nation. She clearly has more executive management experience than Sen. Obama, who has zero experience at running anything. He’s not qualified to run an all-night donut shop, much less America."

Palin doesn't exactly have an impressive college record. That's the truth. She didn't get into a great school, floundered around at 4 places and spent a good part of the time in community college. It's not exactly the type of education you look for in someone who might have to run the country. In terms of Obama not having the experience to run a donut shop, I don't recall McCain having 'any' private industry experience. You can't paint one candidate with that brush and when it's clearly a knock against you own. It's odd that many of the same people who were shouting that Obama doesn't have enough experience to lead also shout that Palin has plenty.

"Gov. Palin is an executive. The mark of an effective executive is to surround herself with bright, talented, capable professionals who share her vision to accurately represent the people they work for: Americans. Chief Executive Officers need to be visionary leaders, not tacticians who micromanage. Her experience demonstrates she is prepared to lead if necessary."

We just had 4 years of this. Bush surrounded himself with plenty of people to give advice and take a look at the deficit, debt, balance of trade, unemployment level and our situation with national security. If CEO's need to be visionary leaders, and this is what we need and we don't need micromanaging, then Romney would be the choice by that rationale. He's the more charismatic leader by far and Palin did plenty of micro-managing in her limited political experience. He also is well educated and has real experience.

What's not to like? The thought of someone who isn't that bright who's major political experience is a part time job as a counsellor or mayor of a town with 5000 people potentially being the president. That's what's not to like. There's a reason why she wasn't running for President in the first place. She doesn't have the experience. She will be a non-factor in any administration.

It might be morning in America, but when the toast popped up this morning, it wasn't toasted nearly enough.

Palin might have been on the fast track in the Republican party, but she doesn't have nearly the experience needed to have the office of Vice-President.
  6. artabr

artabr New Member

(yawn) troll (yawn) :rolleyes:

Art
  7. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

Now I'm trying to figure out which Grumpy Old Men movie talked about "la-la land.":rolleyes:
  8. myfaforumname

myfaforumname Former Guest

Not a troll. What's a troll is the comment that makes her seem like she has 20 years of solid experience along with a solid educational background.

It's funny that people who can't dispute the material facts in my post have to resort to grade school name calling. Perhaps you might want to try thinking for yourselves instead of just buying in to whatever one political party tells you to believe.
  9. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    I would suggest that you clean your own house before discussing another's name calling.
  10. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

Read a blog, are you serious?

Good observation. Generally speaking the Vice Presidential candidate doesn't have the same experience as the President. Was Dick Cheney qualified to be President? Was Gore? Who determines what enough experience is? Maybe Obama was right (actually he was just an FYI) it isn't about experience, it's about judgment. The thing is, it is Obama's judgment that this country can't survive.

That's because you aren't listening. They have both given NUMEROUS means to fix Washington. One of McCain's single biggest issues is pork-barrel spending, now if you say you don't hear any solutions you clearly aren't listening. Even I will admit Obama gives solutions, but again they are solutions we won't survive.

I can't remember the last time I saw a liberal talk about the low congressional ratings. Your ilk have zero problem talking about one without the other.

That's what it always comes back to with you people isn't it? Bush sucks, I am pissed he won, so I am going to have a hissy fit like a two year old, stamping my hands and feet on the ground... Great attitude, I wish I had the luxury of living life, blaming every problem on someone else.

McCain has hardly been a Bush tool. Follow his real record, look at his record on Iraq, climate change, campaign funding, etc. And then, you can say his vote pattern follows Bush (which is slightly misguided since dozens of senator's do, and Bush doesn't vote after all)... but they are still completely different people. Back in the day there were a lot of democrats who would think the same things, support the same policies as Boss Plunkitt- but that doesn't mean they would have been common criminals and bullies like he was.

Wait a minute. Yesterday Dick Cheney was the embodiment of evil, so isn't being "not Dick Cheney" a good thing? The only person who decides how much influence she will have is McCain, you clearly lack an understanding of American politics.

Well yes, it most certainly does. Any legislation with pork-barrel spending gets vetoed, eventually congress is going to have to start passing legislation WITHOUT the spending. If it doesn't exist, it isn't ballooning (duh).

The Yale and Harvard grads haven't been doing a great job recently, so I'm thinking the education process isn't as important as we seem to think it is (actually as a student, I can tell you it isn't).

To simple minded folk there is a clear hypocrasy here. Palin has some executive experience, the same kind of role the EXECUTIVE branch plays. McCain doesn't, you are right. But unlike Obama, he actually has political experience, he isn't some junior senator with one or two accomplishments to his name. There are three types of experience PRESENT in this campaign. One, some executive experience (Palin), two, lots of legislative experience (Biden and McCain), three, oh **** no experience (Obama).

Get a life, that is why liberals are so miserable and going to get devestated in this election. They think pinning McCain as "four more years" will destroy him. What they don't realize is two-fold, Americans aren't that dumb- they know McCain is not four more years of Bush. Second, a lot, a lot, of Americans wouldn't mind another four years when Obama is the alternative. Get off your partisan horse and attack McCain for his mistakes, of which he has made his fair share. But you can't, you and the liberals are so stuck on your hatred for Bush that all you can think about is how to paint McCain into Bush. It's immature at best.

Or maybe she didn't run for president because she just didn't want to? Ever think of that? Maybe she knew she wouldn't get the funding or support- that doesn't mean she wasn't experienced ENOUGH, it just means other people had MORE experience (or more appeal) than her.

If you want to be taken seriously read her complete record, she was Governor of Alaska by the way, so stop pretending like "the only thing she ever accomplished" was being mayor.

Again, why? Who determines how much experience she needs? If you aren't familiar with democracy let me remind you. The AMERICAN PEOPLE decide if she has enough experience, you are just having a hissy fit because according to the polls right now, she has plenty of experience.
  11. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

myfaforum;
    I am so new to computers I am not sure what a troll is and I am not a college grad so I am probably not as articulate or well read as many of you either.
    I am 65 and should be smarter but then I had a lot of fun in life so no apologies.

I am concerned about your input and response where experience is concerned and surely you of all people can recognize the inconsistency of your own argument(s).
    You seem like a very well educated and articulate individual and for you to mention others read blogs or other materials to gain their "own" ideas or thoughts.

How about we just look at the candidates and what they either say they will do or what they have done or not done. I do not have to hear another persons opinions to observe from the front row who or what these people are and neither do you or anyone else.

I understand and I realize that nothing I say will change your mind nor probably those of any of the other people who are watching this thread. This is only my own obervation based upon records established by the individuals and absolutely NOTHING from any other participant.

AS for records and or experience, I spent 27 years working on airplanes in the airline industry. I began as a cleaner of planes just to get a job. I retired as the VP of maint for a very large carrier. I have since built and operate a very successful indoor shooting range with my own two hands in spite of it being a PC incorrect business from the get-go and with my having NO experience to draw from in either profession. However the job of "Pres of the United States of America" is not a job that one can perform OJT and any or all of us and this great nation even hope to survive. Surely you can realize that for a start.

It is true that the people who are elected to these jobs surround themselves with others who have the experience needed for the leader to do his/her job regardless of what that job is. This young man has already shown he cannot, has not and has no idea of how to proceed. Please just look at the number of times and topics he has already made decisions and had to re-consider!!

Have you considered or given serious thought to HIS projections for spending your money? Or maybe it does not matter to you how much MORE of your take home dollar is reduced to taxes? Have you observed what he says he is going to do with taxes, medical care, social security, inheritance, military, schools etc. These are only a few of the very serious items in his hopper but certainly you can realize that this country cannot withstand someone of his inexperience at the helm with any possibility of surviving.
    Please look at his voting record since becoming a senator. He has none. By his own admission I might add he did not vote and he has never passed a bill and even the one he introduced was so ridiculous it was laughed out of the senate by his own fellow senators. One example is his senate bill to teach advanced, sex education to K6 through 12 that is kindergarten if I am not mistaken, Brilliant.

Perhaps we should really be looking at where he came from and how he got where he is and who is really pulling his strings (besides his wife) who is one of the most hateful and vitriolic women I have ever encountered). Remember she will be your first lady and will have a say in his daily activities, God forbid.

Obama is a "post turtle". Where politics or the leadership in politics are concerned, he will always be, just that.

But if you really are considerate of the country and the well being of "we the people" it is very difficult for me to imagine anyone who is or has an iota of common sense pulling the handle for such blatant inexperience and juvenile actions he has already shown.

I cannot afford this kid financially, the country cannot afford this kid from a security point and the people will never recover from he and his wife and their open hostility.
    Where Sarah Palin is concerned you and I have yet to see what her qualifications are and her value will become. Her words and worth are growing almost exponentially on a daily basis. Her activities and work as the governor have been far more impressive and worth while than those of Obama and then of course you have his running mate. I'll bet you my friend if Obama could re-group, Biden would not be the choice. And if I were Biden and knowing of the Clintons and what they do best I would not be sleeping well and would most certainly hire more security personnel to guard my back.

As far as president Bush, I believe he will go down as one of the best presidents in the 20th century and for all the bitching and whining about what he has done, I wish everyone would actually study what he did for the economy, unemployment etc or at least what he had done prior to the elections and the democrat takeover of 06. But party be damned, my vote will I hope be for the person(s) that have my best interest and the interest and security of my country and Obama simply cannot lead and does not have the interest of this country foremost on his list of things to do. I sincerely hope and pray the people of this great country come to their senses before it is too late. Along with that I sincerely hope that God has not given up on us just yet and will answer our prayers one more time for this election to give us anyone except Obama.

UF
  12. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

UncleFudd,

Well written.

I am continually surprised by the elitists that contend that only those from the cities blah, blah, blah... know how to represent the constituents.

There was once a V.P. candidate in 1900, was 42 when McKinley was assassinated and he became president (the youngest to become president). He had been in the governor's office in New York less than two years prior to that. He was an avid hunter and outdoorsman, Republican, took on the Republican Party establishment, was a reformer, and had several children....Teddy Roosevelt.

Most Republican leaders believed Roosevelt would bring a new kind of glamor and excitement to their ticket.

Aren't the parallels interesting?:cool:
  13. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Not so actually... The Republican establishment of the time was scared to death of him, in part because he was so popular as a national figure. They selected Teddy to be the V.P. nominee hoping that he would fade into obscurity afterward. That probably would have happened had he not ascended to the presidency after President William McKinley was assassinated.
  14. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

Vladimir;

Excellent reply. I wish I knew how to do the "quote" thing but not in my computer knowledge level yet.
    However yours is well thought out and very well presented reply and right on IMHO.

Thanks for the kind words saddlesarge and in answer yes Teddy was as close to one of us as one can get from those who seem to be in position to run for offices in our current government.

I have worried for years that those in the Dem party are first, attorneys. I don't know why, but that bothers me a lot. Attorneys have a place and God knows they have done everything possible to be certain that nothing can be done in this country without their involvement. But I find it alarming for that to be a prerequisite to being our president or VP for that matter. I would have trouble voting for any person who is an attorney and seeking office to "lead" or to do anything for "the good of the people". they would have to exhibit some very discernible experience and job performance in order for me to vote for them to lead me or my family and in particular this nation. The only dem who was not an attorney in the past was Gore and that was only because he was busy inventing the internet and failed or was kicked out of law school. It is just not possible for Sarah Palin to be a worse VP than Gore no matter what she does.

I am not a person who votes for a party line as opposed to one who would very much like to see the individual who is truly going to work for all of us as we have elected them to do. I believe that is why this woman is touching so many Americans. She is one of us with no glitter. Why are there so many idiots out there demeaning the experience this woman has gained in the offices she has held. And why do they denigrate her actions and the things she has done successfully in the short period she has held office? I really wonder at those who are so quick to jump on her and her "inexperience" when this kid running for president is neither experienced, nor a citizen, will not pledge allegiance to the Flag, will not give or stick to his true religion, will raise every tax we have regardless of the outcome, refuses to drill for our own oil to make us more independent of foreign nations, will destroy (by his own words) our military, will socialize (his own words) medicine, will in the first 6 months of office destroy social security by welcoming all illegals.
    Of course these are only a few of the things HE says he will do and yet well-meaning Americans fawn to him like the second coming. What has happened to the great people of this once great and strong nation? Will we ever wake up again to the fact that it is OK to "compete", to strive to "win", to congratulate a loser, knowing there are both winners and losers and it is OK, to tip our hat to our women when we greet them, or open a door for a lady or an elderly person, to hold our elected leaders to a higher standard and fire the bastards when they break the laws of this land.

I hope it is not too late, but I certainly worry for my kids and grand kids.

Take care all and stay safe, always.

UF
  15. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

Guess it depends what biographer you read and what their political slant is.

Hmmmm, much like today.;)

And Yes UF, our children and grandchildren appear to have a daunting task in front of them. We have to do as much as we can now so they can enjoy the liberties we have known.