The Obama administration is planning a second-term attack on gun rights

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by steve4102, Apr 16, 2012.

1. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

2. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

We all know what to expect if he gets term 2.
  3. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

My weapons are all neatly aligned in my closet and they wont ever be going anywhere unless I take them out the house to go fire them. I will continue to buy firearms until the day I die. If I live for 30-40 more years then yeah, I will still be buying weapons. Dont worry about this.
  4. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Expect what?
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

heard that just before the UN landed here a few years ago GR , heard it a lot

till folks started getting shot by cops or being locked up or family members as well..

then it changed ...

you really prepared to make that stand and take it all the way ?
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
  7. flintlock

flintlock Well-Known Member

And who is actually surprised by any of this?
  8. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

I do believe it will be different in the USA. The 2nd amendment is so enshrined in our psyche any attempt would end his presidency and probably the Democratic Party; ( I know so many Dems that own 50 guns and hunt it ain't real). Anyway, he has way more to worry about than disarming America; like the collapse of the dollar and hyper-inflation amongst other things. AR's are selling like no tomorrow, people have been preparing for many years, and they don't have the resources to subjugate America. My God, the UN couldn't even get the Africans to do as their told. In many conservative states, certain fed laws are now ignored and it all started from state government. I believe they would realize how little power they really have. I also remember hearing the same fears during the Clinton Administration.
  9. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

Romney is probably as antigun as Obama. I didn't vote for him the first time. Romney is aware that he has to shore up his position because of gun owners. It remains to be seen as to what he will do. If Obama gets reelected, watch out.
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

ged's good on ya ...
  11. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Thing is, if Big "O" tried to do what Jackson did to the Cherokees; against SCOTUS; he'd be doing it against 80% of America, not with their support like Jackson had in early 1800's. Would lead to complete upheaval, open insurrection; would be seen as a dictator having a coup of our form of government. The 2nd amendment is seen by many as the cornerstone of our freedom.

I think Romney will temper his past gun control thoughts, he'll be thinking second term too and will have many more important things to deal with stabilizing our Nation after Obama's unmitigated disaster (Cheny's right) than starting a war.

I really see the pendulum swinging back this fall anyway, Fuel costs, the economy, race relations, taxes, unemployment, ect; It's not improving folks and everybody knows it.
  12. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    As I have stated in other posts, we all know that a one world government is on the way, and will exist. There is no place in a one world government for the Constitution of America!
  13. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

If Romney doesn't do something to assure conservatives that he is pro-gun, enough people will vote a third party candidate to make Obozo a shoe-in. Heads he wins, tails you lose.
  14. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

Steve, this isn't the half of what's coming down the road if our President gets re-elected ! I look for a declaration of a "state of national emergency" issuing from the Oval Office; with all the draconian controls and restrictions on not merely firearms, but the internet, (to prevent any resistance organization ), on our possession of cash money, and travel to name but a few areas. >MW
  15. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Don't mean to be disagreeable with what you all (who I respect) think the future holds, but I don't see Alaskans even thinking about giving up their guns under any kind of threats of death or whatever. Our State Government would also resist, how about your State?

Got most of my life in, couldn't think about any better way of leaving this earth than under the defense of my Land & Way of Life, and Freedom; and I know there are millions more just like me across the Country. It's not a joke either to many Americans as the draft wasn't a joke either.

I really don't think the Fed has the resources to even attempt such a move.