The Obama administration is planning a second-term attack on gun rights

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by steve4102, Apr 16, 2012.

1. 25yretcoastie

25yretcoastie Member

The thing is we just have to make sure BHO doesn't get reelected.

My daughter could do better than he has
  2. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

Oh here we go already with the scare tactics. wasn't there a similar claim back in 2008 saying the same thing? Yea, I think it was Wayne LaPierre, a leader of the NRA, that said that back in 2008, and now he must be saying it again. Hum... Obama's had 4 years to come through with the handgun ban, and it hasn't happen yet.

In the four years that Obama has be president, I have seen no evidence that he has done anything to try to ban hand guns.

After the Tucson, Ariz., shooting that injured U.S. Rep. Gabby Giffords, the president called for better background checks, he did not do anything that would suggest he wanted to ban guns. This would have been his oppotunity.

And since Obama has been president, you can now carry guns in national parks. Obama repelled a Ragan rule keeping loaded guns out of national parks.

Everytime its an election year stuff like this pops up, and it hits a nevere with me. It will take a lot more than the president to ban guns in this country, but the easiest way to do it is to stop selling ammo.
  3. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

all i know is we all have to stick together
  4. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I agree. Obama can't pull our guns. He has congress and the senate to deal with. They will not let this fly. In IL most of the Democrats down state, (out of Chicago) are all for gun rights.

Sad to say I think he will win. I don't think the Republicans came up any good options. That's just what I think. I have never called an election right yet so hope this isn't the 1st time.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    The Congress, the Senate, the Constitution, and the Supreme Court hasn't stopped him yet!
  6. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

And stick together we will indeed do Beth. I know that we have to be careful, all you have to do is look at CA. Little by little they chip away, until one day we wake up and our guns are gone.

I don’t know how to say exactly what I want to say here, but it just seems to me like a lot of us can jump to conclusions very fast, with out checking out all the facts.

You can look at Romney's record and think possibly that he is out to ban guns. Romney states that he supports the Second Amendment (Obama has stated this as well by the way), but Romney's his views used to be different. Romney signed the first gun ban for assault weapons way back in 1994 in Mass and imposed steep fees on gun ownership. He also backed the Brady Law. And he has stated in the past that he and the NRA didn't exactly see eye to eye. Since then he has changed his stance to more pro gun, and even joined the NRA. But based on his past how can anyone trust him? Perhaps he's saying one thing, but has totaly different plans if he were elected.