The Ol' Iver Johnson Champion

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Landscape Saloon, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Landscape Saloon

Landscape Saloon New Member

A friend of mine just inherited his grandpa's father Iver Johnson Cycle Works 20 gauge single shot named the Champion. We have been trying to find out about when the firearm was produced. The serial number is 78221XH. Any help or other sites I could search would be great. I posted some pics of the old girl if they went through.

Attached Files:

2. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

There apparently are no known serial number records for I.J. shotguns that identify the exact year of manufacture, but according to the late I.J. expert Bill Goforth, those with a two letter serial number suffix were made in the 1930s.
  3. Landscape Saloon

Landscape Saloon New Member