The Olympics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dons2346, Feb 21, 2010.

1. dons2346

dons2346 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I don't know about you guys but everytime I hear the National Anthem, I get all choked up and misty eyed.
  2. wpage

wpage Active Member

It is a beautiful song.
    God Bless the USA
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Yes, there are many of us that feel the same way. I remember when I was in the military. Every day they would play TAPS over the loud speakers and all trafic would stop and we would all take off our hats and salute the flag. It was always a tearfull and moving moment.
  4. trickyrick

trickyrick Member

me too dons, being in a stadium w/ so many people and hearing that gives me goose bumps. the more so the older i get.
  5. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

My wife and I are watching these Olympics.
    Just to compete means the athlete is at the top of the stack, worldwide. There have been some laughable types in the Games in the past, but they shouldn't really be laughed at. I'm thinking Eddie the Eagle here. (Google that.)
    I'd be happy to be laughed at for being the worst competitor at the Olympics. That just means that there are SO many people who s**k worse than you! The worst there still means top of the line.
  6. petesusn

petesusn New Member

Has happened to me even before I became a LEGAL American citizen.