The one(s) you won't trade....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cec, Sep 27, 2005.

1. cec

cec New Member

I am the type of collector (sounds so much better than obsessed) that tends to turn over my collection fairy quickly (over the last two years I have rotated my handguns and am planning on trading 3 of them in over the next few months).

However, I have 2 guns that I will not trade. I was wondering if there are one(s) that you all would not get rid of as well.

My two sacred guns are:

1. Mossberg Palomino 402. This was my first gun, given to me by my grandfather, and I plan to give it to my first born. Too much family history tied up in one piece of metal and wood.

2. Ithaca Model 37. Another one of my grandfather's guns. Given to my father and then to me. Like the Mossberg there is too much family history here for me to trade it in.
  2. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

I have one I would not trade, it is a Ruger Single Six 22LR that my Dad gave to my MOM in 1962, the same year he was killed by a DRUNK driver in a car wreck. and one more a Colt Colteer 22LR that was given to me by my step-dad one Christmas that was his before he gave it to me,and my Granfathers Savage 1915 32ACP semi-auto pistol.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2005
  3. kar298

kar298 New Member

only one i would get ride of is a old springfield double barrel 12 gauge that was given to me by my dad who got it from his unlce who orginally bought it for protection from the italian mofia back in the 1920's.
  4. Kimber Man

Kimber Man New Member

I have a couple that I won't trade :
    1) S\W Model 52-2
    2) Colt National Match
    3) High standard Model 103 = .22 cal pistol
    4) Some day I will trade new (3) Kimbers 45 ACP
    5) I know I have a couple more , but I can't find them in the safe

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I just like taking them out and looking at them and then putting them back in the safe. Am I sick or what ????????
  5. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

IF I had any guns, there would be a few that I would not trade.
    The rest would be negotiable. :D
  6. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

OH YES you are sick :D :D :D i'll give you $25.00 for that old junk High Standard 103 then I could have two :D :D :D :D
  7. buffalo jump

buffalo jump New Member

Kimber Man you left the range to early. Ron and I had some good ones for you, and you wasn :rolleyes: 't around to enjoy them. Oh well we'll bottle them up next time for you to enjoy later........:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  8. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Wont trade my Kimber Gold Combat or my Revelation 310A 12 ga. I'm wanting to get rid of my Super Redhawk now just cause it aint no fun to shoot anymore and I want a new toy.
  9. lead

lead Active Member

I have a Colt Official Police that is marked N.J. State Police. I was born and raised in N.J. and won't give that one up.
    I have a S&W 645 that I love and hope I never have to lose until I can give it to my son.
    I bought my son an Ithaca mdl 72 .22 single shot lever when he was 10. That's his and I would never trade it.
  10. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I would never trade or sell my:

Browning BLR Lightning .30-06.
    SA 1911 given to me by SoMo as a wedding gift.
    Winchester Model 67, a replacement for the original, my first in 1941.
  11. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

My first rifle Win 67
    Smith 19
    Smith Outdoorsman K22
    Colt Officers Match 38 Spl

Any of the others are fair game to trade if the deal is right.
  12. ducky

ducky New Member

I wouldn't trade a single one for anything. I've heard far too many stories of regret over "The firearms I once owned, yet sold or traded later" that I've adopted the idea that if there's something I want bad enough, I'll just save for it and not lose what I already have. Granted, I own a small handful of stuff that's nice to have, yet I never really use. I still keep it on hand with the assumption that sooner or later I may get a wild hair to take it out and give it a go.

I've only sold one firearm throughout my years, and I do regret selling that one, especially since I can't remember what I spent the money on afterwards. :(
  13. islenos

islenos New Member

My father picked up a fully engraved Ugartechea 12 gauge while he was TDY in Spain during the early 60’s. Built in the ‘30’s, I would have to say it is the most beautiful shotgun I have ever seen.
  14. Kimber Man

Kimber Man New Member

BJ & 358 Winchester :
    Both you guys are the Fart Kings of the Area.

And I'm not trading or giving away any of my special guns.
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  15. BobbyWins

BobbyWins New Member

I'm kinda like ducky on this one.

Except for a few old beater shotguns that aren't worth much anyway.None of my guns are for sale or trade at the moment.IF,and only IF,my financial situation dictated that I HAD to turn some for cash,I'd be hard pressed to decide which ones go first.

There are a few though that under no circumstances are leaving my possesion.

Stevens Mod 44 ,22LR
    Originally my Great-Grand Father's,handed down to my Great Uncle(my Godfather) and then to me back in the late 60's.

Mossberg Mod 385K 20 ga.
    Given to me new by my Dad when I was about 13.

Remington Mod 600 Mohawk .243
    Bought it about 20-25 years ago used and has been my favorite deer rifle all these years.I actually hardly ever use it any more,opting instead for my A-Bolt in .270,but the little Mohawk ain't goin' nowhere.

There are others,but I'd end up with quite a long list,but,like I said,these just might go in the ground with me.

BW
  16. xxxxxxl

xxxxxxl New Member

I haven't traded or sold many guns, but every time I have I have always regretted it later. My policy now is to never part with any of my guns; except the Glocks. :D :D
  17. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

NOW THAT JUST IS NOT RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK glockNUT
  18. berto64

berto64 Active Member

I agree with X. Ifn your gonna keep one, don't bother with plastics, hold on to something with historical significance.

What's historical about a Gluck?
  19. ducky

ducky New Member

The fact that man-made plastic was invented in 1862 by Alexander Parkes. Parkesine is an age old ancestor of the plastics used today to build Glocks, thus the Glock enjoys a seat in one and a half centuries of creations that came about from the invention of man-made plastics.

There's some wild history for you.. :)

**correction: If you really want to get technical on things, the Plastic era really started in 1839 with the discovery of Polystyene by Eduard Simon, but Parkesine was in fact the first man-made plastic, as stated above.

Previous to that, It was all about rubber, and who would dare consider building a Glock out of rubber?
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  20. berto64

berto64 Active Member

That's the history of the Plastics. What is the history of Glock firearms beyond 30 years or so? I'm serious, I would like to know.

I know I bash them on here but that's just to keep Glocknutz blood pressure up.

The one plastic gun I have owned was a Sig P225 Preban, and it was a fantastic piece.