The other gang...

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 6, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

The LawII
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/20/02 3:26:24 pm)
    Reply The other gang...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ...put the one's I like to shoot the most together today...

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/30/02 9:25:52 pm)
    Reply Re: The other gang...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'll trade you my entire Mosin Nagant Collection for them...hell, I even might let you keep one of the M1As...

(I'll throw in a bunch of ammo, accessories and a Nagant Revolver too....)

Actually, I have been looking longingly at my collection figuring what I could unload it for....because I kinda have a crush on one of those "Scout" M1As I saw in the Rifleman last month....
    "Don't hear him call you an ---hole, hear WHY he's calling you an ---hole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/1/02 5:33:37 pm)
    Reply Let's shoot em!
    Polish, Not to interested in trading, but have no problem sharing, if we live near each other come on over and let's tune them up!...Gino can bring the food...if he wants...

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/2/02 12:05:57 pm)
    Reply Re: Let's shoot em!
    I live in Indiana, where are you?

Thanks for the invite, I would love to get together and shoot sometime. I have a standing invite to shoot with a guy in Valparaiso, but I can never seem to work it out, he's about 4 hours away.

I have little direct experience with an M1A except for about 10 rounds a guy I used to know who let me shoot through his sweet Camp Perry leg rifle after a DCM match, and about two mags I put through a friends SA NM when we were planning to shoot three gun matches in my IPSC days. In fact I think the leg rifle was a built up M14. He had another one with a special Douglas barrel I think he used for his handloads, in a different type match.

Most of my high-power matches I shot with a Garand, either one of my clubs NM, or my DCM battle rifle later.

And while I'm sure I have, I can't for the life of me remember when I shot the carbine.

But that was in the 80s....

While I have some DCM match experience, I do NOT consider myself a "rifleman" by any stretch of even my imagination...
    "Don't hear him call you an ---hole, hear WHY he's calling you an ---hole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (8/2/02 1:16:06 pm)
    Re: Let's shoot em!
    Hey Polish,

What did you ever do with that Garand hee hee

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/2/02 2:44:39 pm)
    WP
    that's why he's got so many Mosins, uses 'em like dessicant bags to keep the rust off the good stuff

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/2/02 3:33:55 pm)
    g
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/2/02 4:22:41 pm)
    Kdub you are VISCIOUS!

Like 0pening an old wound.

Almost as bad as when I was cleaning up in the weeds out back behind an old shed by the garden, about where I put the ex-rototiller...and found one of my old bent racing rims with a Hoosier still mounted on it...

Now I KNOW it wasn't one of the ones from the set I sold the Garand to buy, they didn't last more than a few races, but my wife was wondering why I was crying again when I came back in the house....

That decision ranked right up there with putting beer and cigarettes on a credit card....you pay for it forever long after the "commodity" is gone...

I told my wife long ago to shoot me if I ever tried to sell the '97 or my .45, I guess I shoulda put the Garand on that short list too...

Fredneck, "Dessicant bags????" That was good...

Now I finally figured out what I could do with a Carcano if I ever got one...keep the rust off the real rifles.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/7/02 3:47:10 pm)
    Fred.....that was a GREAT one! Rusty Rooshin Prybars!