The outback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jack404, Feb 22, 2010.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

a few folks have asked about the bush here recently and Lee.C earlier today so heres some from my last walk about trip and a recent hunting trip and whatever else is relevant in my Pbucket account i did a season as a hunting guide up north i'll chuck them in

some i've put up on another forum or two

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cheers

jack
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  2. Agentwil

Agentwil New Member

WOW! looks like a great trip! I have always wanted to go to Australia.
  3. blackcat_attilio

blackcat_attilio Member

Woooooow!!!! That's great! I suppose it has been a nice trip.
  4. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    That's a big damn bird ya got on yer sholder Jack....:eek:

Kinda hard to see yer face though..... :p

Yer a regular "Paul Hogan" there mate....:D
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Al ;)

yeah right

actually if i was a fit and active as him when i'm his age , if i make it to that age , i'd be real happy eh

he's in his 80's

i'm the white dude in pics 14, 15 and 16

in the pic with US Marine Commandant General Hagee the two guys to the left are friends who I went to visit after they got out of the army and the top few pics is from there place

the old gent with the Emu is thier Tribal boss ( sorta like a cheif )

if it comes to SHTF this is where i'd head these folks dont want much to do with the modern world , dont want money, dont want cars , and they are the happiest and nicest folks you'd ever meet , they join the army do 10 years or so get out and return to the land and they make great soldiers and are happy to teach stalking and tracking to anyone who'll listen

we have built two units around these folks, Norforce where i had the privaldge to serve as a CSM for a while and the Pilbra Division where i served as weapons instructor and platoon sgt

cheers

jack
  6. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Sorry but the old country boy in me has to ask. Are those cows in the last picture British White's, are they yours or aren't you into cattle?
  7. red14

red14 Active Member

Looks like Eden to me. Reminds me of the Everglades 50 years ago.
  8. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Catlkle are a Brahman cross breed they have a few crosses they are experimenting with for high heat tollerance and pest resistance , they belong to the cattle station i was working as a hunting guide for

the station owner thought he'd bring in some extra income by offering hunting tours for big razorbacks, Buffalo etc and got me to do the guiding part for him and set up a rule book for other guides ( i had to return to the city to start some operations to repair some nerve damage had another just last week..) he has 250,000 acres or so that has some nice river flats and marsh lands that the big pigs love ( too much) and the big buff dont mind neither ;) both the pigs and buff carry parasites so it works well for him and the visitors who wish to shoot 500+ lb bore and 1500 + lb buff ala Croc dundee ( the one in the movie is a tame pet that will do anything for beer, no foolin) and theres plenty of both

Red yeah its a nice place, just stay away from the open water as theres crocs in there as well ;)

cheers
  9. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

i see the house 2 guys with binoculars and hogs? what is he temp there?
  10. K1D_5150

K1D_5150 New Member

Pretty place, if I get into any of the PSC's I'm looking into in a year or two, then somewhere down the road I'll have to take a vacation Down Under and I think I know just the man to hire as 'tour guide' if he is interested. There's some mud there this country boy's boots are interested in tasting. :eek::cool::cool::D
  11. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Beth the temp would have been high 80's low 90's nothing too extreame for that part of the world the gent with the shorts was from Maine in the US if i remember correctly

KID i've a place in South Australia , my own , only 5 acres but backs onto 1.5 Million acres, good hunting there too,

Goats roo's camels Dingoes pigs foxes rabbits pretty much everything we hunt is there any time you'd like to borrow the shack your welcome eh I'm stuck in sydney for a couple more months ( waiting for the results of this last op and some physio) then will head home and see about these contracts ( feral animal culls) i've been applying for

cheers

jack
  12. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Jack is that u next to kid with shorts? Are they boars or pigs, only 5 acreas?
  13. durk

durk New Member

Great pics Jack!!
  14. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Beth thats the Station owner , i'm behind the camera

i think US folks would call them boars we call em pigs but its all just names

my place is only 5 acres yes the place where the pic you see where shot is 100,000 plus and the place that borders mine is 1.5 million acres or there abouts ( give or take 100K ) beats the 1/4 acre block i have in the burb's of adelaide, it'd be nice to have 200 acres or so but i can only buy what i can afford and med bills have been chewing into wwhat i have and i've had to help my daughter out some , besides i really dont need much enough room for a good size vege patch, room for a horse or 3 and some room for feed for the horses (oats and lupins)
    so it'll do

cheers
  15. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Brahma was my first thought but those I'm used to seeing are reddish brown and shades off of that and the humps didn't seem quite as pronounced. Figured they were some kind of hybrid because nature doesn't much care for white on prey animals, that's a man made trait we breed into them. Neighbor of mine raises long horns and a couple of others half an hour from me raise bison for market. I love the meat but a bit pricey so I mostly stick to venison when I can.

5 acres is plenty, enough to scratch what itches without offending the neighbors and taxes are lower. I only have 12 myself. I'm retired and have enough problems raising a few onions and turnips let alone trying to milk 2 or 3 times a day and grow a crop. Across the fence in my back yard is 25,000 acres of public hunting land so if I need to stretch my legs I can do it without having to take a 2 hour trip to get there.

One more silly question, the boy with the fishing spear, is that some kind of catfish he has?