The Pack Rifle....anyone used or seen one in person

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by coachwill, Nov 22, 2011.

1. coachwill

coachwill Forum Sponsor

Going to start the process with a buddy of mine who has an FFL to see if we can be a dealer for these rifles here. I already have 10 guys that want to buy them if I can carry them.

http://www.packrifle.com/

The Pack-Rifle is a light weight, take-down, utility rifle. The receiver, and most other parts, of the Pack-Rifle are machined from high strength aluminum, while most wear parts and fasteners are constructed of stainless steel. The barrel is a precision button rifled, Cro-Moly liner with a carbon fiber composite outer. Carbon fiber is also used for the butt stock tube of the rifle. This construction makes the Pack-Rifle not only the lightest rifle out there, but very weather resistant also. In addition to being light, the Pack-Rifle also takes down to a very small size. The same mechanism that allows the loading and extraction of spent shells also enables the rifle to take down into two pieces, in less that 2 seconds and without tools. It reassembles just as fast. Other features include, but are not limited to, storage in the handle and butt stock tube of the rifle. Please see our accessories page for a list of available options.

Pack-Rifle Specifications
    Weight: 15.5 oz
    OAL: 33"
    Take-Down Length: 17"
    Width: 7/8"
    Height: 4"
    Caliber: .22LR
    Sights: Adjustabe Peep
    MSRP: $425.00*
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  2. Rhuga

Rhuga New Member

I have not had the pleasure of seeing one of these.
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i'd like one if available here , its bolt action so legal ..

sure why not unless its junk ( $425 is steep but if not junk .. ok ) , but folks bagged the AR-7 and i loved it yes the metal was poor but it was accurate enough and i'd worked it so i remade the weak parts and it was a great backpacking rifle , then UN gun control came and took it away .... semi auto's banned

but this , let me know how you go with that eh ..
  4. RUT

RUT New Member

Strange looking devise.... very "zip gunnish".
  5. FishGuy

FishGuy New Member

It looks pretty wild...good luck man
  6. Albtraum

Albtraum Member

Strange design, but I bet it would sell. I think the Marlin Papoose and Henry survival rifle fill that market niche better though.
  7. hunter29180

hunter29180 Active Member

did I see right? it has a fishing pole built into the but stock (rod)? now that could be handy indeed! is this standard or optional? same question for the flashlight under the barrel. is how much do these options run! I did like the Blue one.
  8. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

they may fill the role but a bolt action HERE (Oz) is legal
  9. hardluk1

hardluk1 Member

Put a trigger guard on it. Still perfer the old AR-7. Heavier but very well controled iwhen packed in the stock and tougher.