1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

the police took my guns. wtf

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by focusmaniaczx3, Feb 15, 2010.

1. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

my girlfriend broke up with me yesterday and for some reason thought it would be funny to call the police and tell them i was suicidal and had guns. they showed up and confiscated them today. i didnt even know they could do that. im going to call a lawyer in the morning to see what my options are. im not suicidal at all and after blowing off some steam at the gym and spending some time with a friend of mine today helping him restore his old mustang im looking up more than i was when i was dating her i think. i can understand a man getting his car keyed for cheating on his woman. that makes sense. i was never unfaithful however, but i guess she wants to punish me anyway by taking my guns because i didnt spend enough time with her because i work all the time. oh well ill be seeing what kind of legal action i can take to get my guns back. just another day in the neighborhood... :rolleyes:

drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama

nuff said :p
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  2. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

If I were you, I would delete this post and shut your mouth. Do just as you please but keep it between you, your attorney or best friend. Whichever. Good luck in a bad situation.

Hardballer out.

P.S. I understand the need to blow of steam but now and online is not the place to admit anything.
  3. artabr

artabr New Member

^^^^This ^^^^

Art
  4. Popeye

Popeye New Member

The original post in this thread is extremely unwise. Leaving it up endangers you. When her lawyer gets ahold of it, and she will, you will, once again, be the bad guy.
  5. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

bleh let them find it. it has a PG rating. you guys sound a little bit like conspiracy theorists who think uncle sam sees everything. i have no doubt that he CAN see everything but he doesnt have enough eyes to actually do it. what is most likely going to happen is i will go to the sheriff's department tomorrow and speak with whoever. they will send me to someone else who will send me to someone else, so on and so forth until i get to someone who will give me a form to sign. ill have to wait a week or two and ill get my guns back. i may have been a little ahead of myself when i said i was going to get a lawyer. to heck with that, lawyers cost money. this whole situation can either cost me an arm and a leg or a little bit of my time. i prefer to spend my time wisely and hoard my money!
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  6. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

I think there is more to it than just, "hey, me and my boyfriend just broke up and he's suicidal and he has guns." Suicidal people are suicidal by any means, not just by gun, knife, pills etc. However they can do it, they'll do it. If the report was that your suicidal then they would have taken your kitchen knives too. In fact its easier to take you than to clear your residence. Ask for the official report from the investigating officer. I bet there is more to it than that and the officers aren't letting you know everything. (they don't always know) I'm not suggesting that your anything dangerous, I don't know you, but you need to defend yourself against all false allegations. Good luck.
  7. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I seen a guy get his public defender taken away cuz he had stated he made 40,000 or better on his Myspace page just to make himself look good.. Your post didnt say anything bad but it can be used againt you and it prolly will.
  8. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

i will be getting them back this afternoon. some paperwork needs to be pushed around first however. you were right, i didnt get the whole story. apparently i was suicidal and i had alot of unregistered guns. every single gun i own is registered and 100% legal in the state of NC. after they finish processing all my guns and my paperwork ill be getting them back unless they figure out that my old high standard .22 snub is actually a doomsday device that will blow up the planet if you dry fire it! :eek:
  9. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

So she's a story teller. Your under their microscope now and who knows what else she would say that would make them come back. IMO my contact with her from now on would be 0. Be respectful when you pick them up. They were just doing their job. You tick them off, they will be back if your x even gives them a tiny reason too. This happened to a college room mate. He kept a level head about it and when the false allegations kept coming in from his x, the tables were turned to her for making things up.
    Glad everything worked out.
  10. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Why did you let the police into your home to take the firearms? Did they have a warrant to enter your home and take your guns?
  11. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I would hire an attorney and sue the living crap out of her. I wouldn't just be happy that I got my guns back because whats next a restraining order against you? The legal system is slanted towards her and I would seek an attorney to find out how to stay ahead of that curve before the next shoe drops.
  12. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

How are they "registered"? We don't have registration in NC. I was on a ridealong with CMPD in Charlotte and heard them do a check on a serial number. There was no name attached to it, only no record of the serial number ever being reported stolen or used in a crime. The only things that has to be registered here are NFA items, and those only have to be registered with the County Sheriff, not the state.
  13. navis128

navis128 New Member

When you talk to your lawyer...ask him what kind of charges you can bring against HER! And I'm telling you...NEVER, NEVER under estimate how truly spiteful a girl can be. You need to get this reinned in quickly and charge her to teach her a lesson...maybe it'll keep her from doing it to the next guy.
  14. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

not a problem. i just got home with my guns. i talked with them for about half an hour after i could have left just shooting the breeze, asking where they go to shoot, what their personal preference of guns are, and my bullpup ruger 10/22 got alot of attention. i was very nice to them and they returned the sentiment. as a matter of fact im going to come along with one of them to a private gun club next week. i made the comment that i wish there was a range around our area where you could shoot targets at more than 100 yards. he offered to bring me as a guest and if i get along with the wigs there i might be offered a membership. good things come to those who deserve them. :D
    for one i dont have anything to hide. i dont do anything illegal in my home that im aware of. and yes they had a warrant.
    i have already put several words in with people who matter around here and spoke extensively with a magistrate this morning. if she goes to stir up anymore trouble they will look at her with much more scrutiny than they did this time. i covered my own ass and i dont really want to press the issue any further. im perfectly content just leaving her be.
    handguns man, handguns. i see how there could have been some confusion there. i have all my handguns registered for CCW. i would rather have all of my guns registered with the proper authorities so that in a shitstorm situation there is less confusion. also i learned a little more on what the accusations were against me. it wasnt that i had alot of unregistered guns. it was that i had alot of stolen and illegal guns. apparently my SKS and AK47 were both fully automatic and my ruger 10/22 that i did a bullpup conversion on is actually a gun that is used in the army because she's seen guns like that on TV. wow how in the world did i ever get along with this girl? the world may never know. :confused:
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  15. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

During the ridealong I spoke of, the serial number trace was on a handgun, I should have mentioned that. It was a High Point CP9. You still don't have to register handguns in NC, even if you have a CHP. I have a CHP and I did not have to give the Sheriff's Office any serial number.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010