THE PRODIGAL GUN RETURNS !!!!

Discussion in 'The Pump House Saloon' started by Brisk44, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

I moved several years ago and with three kids in high school involved in many sports I really didn't have time to do alot of shooting or reloading. So that all went on hiatis for awhile.A year ago with all the kids in college I had time to set up my loading bench and get my guns all squared around and put away in the safes. Well there were two guns I couldn't find a Davis .32 derringer and my Ruger Mark ll. I looked everywhere for those guns I could think of. I knew the two were together in a box but I couldn't find the right box.Well tonight while out in the garage I saw abox all tucked away out of sight that I had not searched. I got to it and tore open a corner, Lo and behold what greeted my eyes but a set of walnut target grips on a SS pistol. I almost cryed for joy there were my two lost guns. I was overjoyed and still am. I spent many hours honing that trigger till it was a crisp clean two pounds and then shot thousands of rounds through it for practice and for bullseye matchs. How I have missed that gun. Oh I'm glad to have the derringer back too. And here they are.

Attached Files:

2. creektrails

creektrails New Member

congrats on the find, I have that ruger too. sweet gun
  3. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

Thanks Nate, She's the best .22 pistol I've ever had. Can't wait to go put a couple hundred rounds through her. :D
  4. ozo

ozo Active Member

I bet that drove you crazy.
    I don't lose or misplace things, period.
    Ha, never say never !
    Our move 6yrs ago we lost a set of car keys
    [key fob included] and they still are AWOL.
    Looks like you packed them very well. I too would miss
    my Slab Mark II, but it's not missing.:D

Attached Files:

• 399.jpg
      399.jpg
      File size:
      59 KB
      Views:
  5. creektrails

creektrails New Member

I had a family member that used to be a heavy drinker and he misplaced a titanium taurus .45 long colt. It was missing for a long time and I think one day he found it in a false bottom of a waste paper can that he had forgot he had made. He dont drink no more.
  6. Curtis R

Curtis R New Member

my dad bought some furniture at auction and while cleaning it up found a old german officers pistol in a false bottom. and to my horror gave it back to the owner of the furniture! he was always a honest guy and i told him he bought it it was his but he didnt listen
  7. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Glad you found them. It always feels great when something like that happens. :dance: :ya: :thumbsup:
    (These smilies are great)
  8. geds

geds New Member

I'm happy you found them, but wondered why you posted this in the Pumphouse? This seems something for the Playground where more folks would see it and share in your joy!