THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT LTS!

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

BlackGun
    (11/3/01 7:50:28 pm)
    Reply THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT LTS!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A lot of folks, really know little about LTS But it's time to play show and tell! Mike is a true craftsman when it comes to the lost art of gunsmithing! He has a fettish for building tack driving .22's! I wanted to share some of his craftsmanship with the gang! We will move it to the rimfire forum later. But, for now I wanted the gang to see some of his art work! Enjoy!!!

LTS will be along shortly to tell you about the capibility of these fine weapons

BITE ME
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 11/3/01 10:29:13 pm

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/3/01 8:11:57 pm)
    Reply Re: THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT LTS!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nice guns LTS - very nice guns.

LIKTOSHOOT
    (11/3/01 8:24:03 pm)
    Well the top one we discussed in the rusteprufe thread (10/22) and the bottom one was created to shoot CCI Stingers and was hand tuned and took over a year it the making, just to shoot these funky hyper rounds, it has everything the top one does and more, in order to control recoil.....yes recoil from Stingers....it sports a BC 20" steel barrel with a muzzle brake, weight is the key on it.....this is my 80 yard gun and it will deliver the goods too, from a rest 5/8" @ 80 yards, with what some say is the worst round on the market. Set at 1-3/4" high at 55 yards.....dead on at 80 yards, 1-1/2" low at 100 yards and groups solid 5/8-1.00" groups....sometimes scattered, but there.

The middle one, well the hardest of all, a $39.00 Romanian Training rifle. Free floated barrel 22" long, bedded action, polished feed ramp, bolt face polished, chamber polished, trigger work ( boy that was RUFF...freakin Romanians and target triggers....two stage at it`s worst) managed to get a slopply 3.5, but crisp let off....working on some serious slack now. On a rest, this little bit of cheap sweetness, will deliver 1/4-3/8" for five rounds@ 25 yards using Winchester ammo...GO FIGURE!! Winchester?? When I can get the creep out of the trigger, I will gaduate it to the 50 yard barrier and see if it will me the "Squirrel Gun" status, if so....4 more will follow and the the stocks will be refinished and polished out and smoothed. HOSE BAG FOR THE DOUBLE 2`s LTS
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/3/01 9:45:38 pm)
    I see lots and lots of work here. NICE JOB !!!!! and VERY WELL DONE !!!!

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

SXSMAN
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/4/01 12:43:32 am)
    LTS,I bs and joke with you from time to time.Straight up-these are nice pieces.
    After seeing your stuff and reading about shooter 22's project I think I might trick out my
    used 10-22.It's got a fluted bull barrel,butlercreek stock(I like the hogue better) and scope.
    It's a good shooter,but could be a great shooter.I may have to "pick your brain" later.

southernfreedom
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/4/01 12:46:51 am)
    Reply The real truth..........
    Liktoshoot: Nice firearms. We love our little Ruger 10/22. But we are not
    looking to
    hit a 2" group at 100 yards----we just like to plink with it. We sometimes use
    CCI Stinger rounds in it--we lie the speed!!

Hey BlackGun............My computer crashed and got friedlast night
    during an unexpected storm with lightening. I lost most email addresses. Please do send me your email. Thanks.

Bruce

SXSMAN
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/4/01 10:09:01 am)
    Reply Re: The real truth..........
    Looks to be the same type of scope on all three,what is it?

You musta given me a rash!

I'm gettin an itch to tinker with mine now.

I smell WINTER PROJECT!

Or is that just the dog?

LIKTOSHOOT
    (11/4/01 11:18:57 am)
    Those are all Bushnell 4x12x50 W/AO, though not top of the line...they seem to work for these projects. They sit as close to the bore as possible. 1/16" front clearance on the front bell on the Romanian and right at 1/8" on the Rugers. They are hard to set and I use a small rubber mallet when dialing them it. Once set, they seem to stay right on. I have been using this style scope 3.5 or 4 x 12 for about 7 years now and have had only one fail, shucked an internal lense, sent it back....they sent back a new one. It had seen some action on big bores though. Never had a failure over a .22. If I broke down and would pay for a upper end scope, these might be one holers. The way they are sighted in is a little different than most people do, rather than use a conventional target, I make my own...(bad eyes, don`t you know) plus you can never really see the center of a round center bullseye, as the crosshairs fade into it......SOOOOOO this is how I find out just how well they shoot (rifles) I have a pattern that is used to make a perfect 1"x1" square, "boarders only, heavy felt pen" and white in the center, four fine lines (very fine) spaced 1" above and below the square and the same to the right and left of the square, these cannot be seen through the scope and are only used for setting after shooting. The square will bracket the crosshairs and the white center will allow you to see the true center of the "square bullseye" It works for me.....LTS

shane
    (11/8/01 9:39:11 pm)
    Oh baby, that is a nice looking gun but I can't take your word that it is a tack driver. Send it to me so I can test it

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/9/01 9:23:33 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: The real truth..........
    LTS, would you work on my Romanian 22?
    I would like to set it up for target..?(State-of-the-art)
    Bushnell..etc.
    What can ya do? Or do you?
    Thanks in advance.
    Charlie D
    Pls let me know.
    I would appreciate it very much.

LIKTOSHOOT
    (11/9/01 9:44:31 pm)
    Charlie, theres not much state of the art on a Romanian. But I would be happy to bring it up to snuff for you and make it scare someone with a high dollar gun. I need to know if it has the narrow or wide bridge for scope mounting and if it is a matching or non-matching numbered gun. How much it has been shot since you`ve had it. You can email me on my link and I will explain some of what I can and can`t do with these types of rifles. Regards LTS