The results are in!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pistolenschutze, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Some of you may remember the article about the alleged chupacabra that was posted a few months ago. Here's the final result of the DNA analysis. Sorry, Donny, no chupacabra for Texas. :D;)

SAN MARCOS, Texas — The results are in: The ugly, big-eared animal found this summer in southern Texas is not the mythical, bloodsucking chupacabra. It's just a plain old coyote.

Biologists at Texas State University announced Thursday night they had identified the hairless doglike creature.

KENS-TV of San Antonio provided a tissue sample from the animal for testing.

"The DNA sequence is a virtually identical match to DNA from the coyote," biologist Mike Forstner said in a statement. "This is probably the answer a lot of folks thought might be the outcome. I, myself, really thought it was a domestic dog, but the Cuero Chupacabra is a Texas Coyote."

Phylis Canion and some of her neighbors discovered the 40-pound bodies of three of the animals over four days in July outside her ranch in Cuero, 90 miles southeast of San Antonio.

Canion said she saved the head of the one she found so she could get to the bottom of its ancestry through DNA testing and then mount it for posterity.
  2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

LOL...

Wonder if it would still be good to eat? :D:D:D:D

Crpdeth
  3. Lilly

Lilly New Member

Let's stick some of it in a bottle...cap it, let em ferment in the sun a few hrs, and see it it also causes a hallucinogenic trip if ya take a big ole sniff-snort! Smells like a rotting Chupacabra ...looks like one...but it's nothing but a rotten Texas Coyote! Wonder if she still mounted it (on the wall)?...or how many T-shirts she sold?
    Lilly;)
  4. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

I thought it might have been some of my brothers in law.
  5. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I would have changed the wording to...."had it stuffed"...so as to have avoided that akward wording that required the use of ()'s to keep it from sounding obscene... :D:D:D:D

mike
    gn
  6. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

Amazing we actually pay government employees to disprove Mexican mythology...... >MW
  7. Lilly

Lilly New Member

Glock,
    So. You happened to notice, that I deliberately went back and added (on the wall) so as some of you guys wouldn't go out & dress up like a rotten coyote, waitin for some poor gal to mount ya!
    Lilly;)