The results of sighting the new toy

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

riderbob
    (1/3/03 11:53:37 am)
    Reply The results of sighting the new toy
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey guys
    I got the new toy sighted in this last week and boy do I like it. I sighted in @ 50 yds. After a little seasoning of the barrel, (about 20 rnds is all) The groups tightened right up. The 5 rnd groups ranged from 3/8 to 1/2 all in one ragged hole. Not to bad for laying in the back of my Suburban shooting off a bi-pod.I did not think that i could still hold a gun that steady. These groups were shot with CCI blazer ammo. I was just trying to get the scope sighted, so my shots would be fairly close for a little new years day rabbit hunting with my brother in laws. Of course they all had to shoot the thing after watching alot of kills w/out alot of shooting. Now they want me to build up their 10/22's. I think this barrel has a lot of potential and will probably build a few others using it. The gun is well balanced and lighter than stock. It pulls up and swings faster, giving me a real advantage over the spray and pray guys in the group.

If you want info on this barrel go to www.wpgbc.com Rider

outdoorsman260
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/3/03 1:59:21 pm)
    Reply Re: The results of sighting the new toy
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hunting rabbits with a .22

I have enough trouble hitting them with the scattergun

Sounds like a sweet shooter. One of these days I am gonna get my one of these 10/22's
    blake.prohosting.com/~redneck4

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/3/03 9:00:47 pm)
    Cat squirrels are even more fun........

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/4/03 11:36:54 am)
    Specially when they belong to the next door nabors.....aint dat rite piggoletti??

riderbob
    (1/30/03 10:50:00 am)
    Hey LTS

Are those cat squirrels the same species in your neck of the woods as they are in mine?

Well I have a few more results of the new gun and barrel combo. My son and I were out shooting clay pigeons the other afternoon. We set them up at all ranges clear out to 150 yds for the little guns and out to 400 yds for the bigger guns. We both started shooting @ the birds out to the 75 yd range, breaking them w/ no trouble. Then we started moving down range when those were all broken. We then were shooting @ the birds between 90 and 150 yds and were able to break them with the same ease just needing to adjust our hold over. I never thought that this little gun would be able to reach out and break the bird @ that range, (ok mostly due to me not the gun). I am quite impressed, and cannot wait until the rock chucks come out in the spring. (Spring months not this freaky spring weather in Jan here in the Promontory Mtn range.
    Will include the pics and target results when i get a chance to develop the film and punch some holes in paper off of my bench rest, and figure out how to get the pics on the post.

have a great day and enjoy the sport while we still can .

Rider

armabill
    (1/30/03 1:02:18 pm)
    I go for chipmonks sometimes when squirrels aren't around.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/30/03 1:22:43 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: The results of sighting the new toy
    I don't talk about that no more ib

Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/30/03 11:58:17 pm)
    Well, don`t rightly know.....grays-cats....little gray squirrels....never stop but just for a second, shoot or not, their gone......

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/31/03 9:51:09 am)
    Pig: Sounds like the triple S rule we have here in the southwest. Applies to wolf shooting.

Shoot it
    Shovel it
    SHUT UP

Smoky the quiet

gram22
    (1/31/03 10:17:56 am)
    I have this kind of psychotic thing about squirrels, not only do I like to shoot them, I absolutely hate the little tree-hugging hippies. I use to take them out in my backyard with a pellet rifle until the pump broke. Now I can only take them out at close ranges with my airpistol. Once I purchase a new scope for my 10/22, say goodbye to all the treerats in my particular area of Northern Florida.
  2. stash247

stash247 New Member

Glad it's workin so good, SG, they're easy to accessorize, to boot.
    For them Squirrel shooters, think about CCI's CB Longs. Don't know about a 10-22 (never tried ), but in a bolt gun, they are quieter than any of my air rifles.
    Just, don't waste the squirrels- they are recyclable. Best fried, with plenty of pan gravy. Dammit- now I'm hungry again.
  3. pickenup

pickenup New Member

The sound of good food makes anyone hungry. ;)