The Rooster

Discussion in 'The Pump House Saloon' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

SkiingFool1974
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/4/02 10:42:46 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All The Rooster
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A farmer has about 200 hens, but no rooster and he wants chicks. So, he goes down the road to the next farmer and asks if he has a rooster which he would sell.

The other farmer says, "Yeah, I've got this great rooster named Chuck. He'll service every chicken you got, no problem."

Well, Chuck the rooster costs a lot of money, but the farmer decides he'd be worth it and he buys Chuck.

The farmer takes Chuck home and sets him down in the barnyard and gives the rooster a pep talk.

"Chuck, I want you to pace yourself now," said the farmer. "You've got a lot of chickens to service here, and you cost me a lot of money so I'll need you to do a good job. Just take your time and have some fun," the farmer said, with a chuckle.

Chuck seemed to understand, so the farmer points toward the henhouse.

Chuck took off like a shot. - WHAM! he nails every hen in the henhouse three or four times, and the farmer is really shocked.

After that the farmer hears a commotion in the duck pen. Sure enough, Chuck is in there service every female on the pen.

Later, the farmer sees Chuck after aflock of geese, down by the lake. Once again, he gets all the geese.

By sunset he sees Chuck out in the fields chasing quail and pheasants.

The farmer is distraught, worried that his expensive rooster won't even last 24 hours.

The farmer goes to bed that night and wakes up the next morning to see Chuck lying dead as a doorknob, stone cold in the middle of the yard. Buzzards are circling overhead.

The farmer walks up to the unmoving rooster and, saddened by the loss of such a colorful and expensive animal, shakes his head and says, "Oh Chuck, I told you to pace yourself. I tried to get you to slow down, now look what you've done to yourself."

Chuck opens one eye, nods ever so slightly toward the buzzards circling in the sky and says, "Shhhh ... they're getting closer..."

mesusie
    (9/4/02 11:55:52 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: The Rooster
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We had a beagle like that. He fathered every pup on the farm, hound or beagle. Even took to chasing the pigs. Sold the pigs. He was a damned good deer dog. (maybe after a little deer leg?)

hotload
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/4/02 9:23:54 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del THE ROOSTER
    TALK ABOUT WANTING SOME DEER MEAT !!!!!!!!!

pickenup
    (9/11/02 1:42:05 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: THE ROOSTER
    We used to have a duck that we named buzzard, for the same reason.

SkiingFool1974
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/11/02 2:39:35 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: THE ROOSTER
    Oh the things I missed by growing up in NYC!