the second amendment a privilege

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by pdg929, Sep 17, 2012.

1. pdg929

pdg929 New Member

i dont know how many of you guys are from the great state of new jersey but we are a may issue state with justifiable need to have a ccw....

http://www.anjrpc.org/default.asp
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/anjrpc.sit...otions___Briefs/NJ_AG_Appellate_Brief_RTC.pdf

POINT I
    THE NJ CARRY PERMIT LAW DOES NOT IMPERMISSIBLY
    BURDEN CONDUCT PROTECTED BY THE SECOND
    AMENDMENT. ............................................................................................ 14
    A. Heller Only Recognized a Right to Bear Arms For Self-Defense in
    the Home. .................................................................................................. 15
    B. Any Right to Bear Arms Outside of the Home is a Limited Right
    Subject to Reasonable Regulation. ........................................................... 23
    C. The NJ Carry Permit Law Reasonably Regulates the Ability to Carry
    a Weapon. ................................................................................................. 26
    POINT II
    EVEN IF THE COURT PERCEIVES UNCERTAINTY ABOUT
    WHETHER THERE IS AN ABSOLUTE RIGHT TO CARRY
    OUTSIDE THE HOME FOR SELF-DEFENSE, NEW JERSEY’S
    CARRY PERMIT LAW IS CONSTITUTIONAL. ...................................... 31
    A. The NJ Carry Permit Law Satisfies the Appropriate Level of Judicial
    Scrutiny. .................................................................................................... 31
    B. The Prior Restraint Doctrine Does Not Apply In The Second
    Amendment Context. ................................................................................ 37
  3. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

BWAHAHAHA ROTFLMAO :lmao2: :lmao2:

You're biggest problem is that you're becoming a suburb of nyc. I won't be long and you'll be under the rule of bloomberg. :thud:
  4. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

It's a State, don't know about the Great part...:dontknow:
  5. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Privilege????

They just dont get it.

never will
  6. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I like this quote "it is the State's responsibility to protect the public". I guess this means you can sue the state if they don't.
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

YEAH!!!! ( wont work though, we've tried that here after gun control , we soon realised there was no help comin .. specially if the attackers where islamic , then they gotta ask a imam if they can interfere and save a non muslims life or some PC BS )
  8. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

when i lived there, (not that long ago) getting a firearms purchase ID card was not that big of a hassle, more time waiting for it than anything. then again, got mine in 76. you can buy bb and long guns with it. for a handgun, you need a separate application for each one. for a carry permit, whole bunch of hoops and regulations, but it can be done. you have to show a legitimate need, in my case I owned a business and therefore carried receipts to the bank, so I would have qualified on that point. as with anything in that state though, it helps to have a cop, judge or politician vouch for you. you know, show that you're such a fine, upstanding citizen..
  9. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

it would be like if you could own a car but weren't allowed to pull out of your driveway without special permission. what's the point then? you are allowed to protect your life only in your home but not anywhere else. but then again, the 2A is about the national guard, right? foo-ee

New Jersey's nonsense is a plague visited upon the great state of PA where I grew up; we gladly donate Philly to NJ also if anyone asks. Gov Christy has some good things to say though!

I'm glad I have the entire country to separate me from NJ and NY... and Mass. while I'm at it.... seems like there's too many folks there that just don't get it.... 911 just isn't fast enough for me.
  10. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

Warren v. District of Columbia is one of the leading cases of this type. Two women were upstairs in a townhouse when they heard their roommate, a third woman, being attacked downstairs by intruders. They phoned the police several times and were assured that officers were on the way. After about 30 minutes, when their roommate's screams had stopped, they assumed the police had finally arrived. When the two women went downstairs they saw that in fact the police never came, but the intruders were still there. As the Warren court graphically states in the opinion: "For the next fourteen hours the women were held captive, raped, robbed, beaten, forced to commit sexual acts upon each other, and made to submit to the sexual demands of their attackers."

The three women sued the District of Columbia for failing to protect them, but D.C.'s highest court exonerated the District and its police, saying that it is a "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen.":(
  11. tyc

tyc New Member

Go OPEN CARRY - also known as "OC"

tyc
  12. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Used to be in indiana our aplication had a space wanting to know your reason for wanting a carry permit and if you put its my constitutional right they would send it back to ya.Thats not the case now you dont have to site a reason for wanting one.
  13. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I sure am glad that my ancestors had enough sense to head for TN, and points South!
  14. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

Hmmmmmm. Is that what the Facists in Germany, Italy and Spain used tp usurp parlimentry governments in those countries???
  15. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

So the Supremes ruled in favor of the women????