The Senate voted to cut off ACORN Housing funds

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by GunHugger, Sep 14, 2009.

1. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

The Senate voted to cut off ACORN Housing funds following the release of three videotapes that show employees of the activist group advising a "pimp" and "prostitute" on how to break the law.

The amendment, offered by Nebraska Republican Sen. Mike Johanns, passed in a vote of 83 to 7 and prohibits the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now from receiving funds from the current Transportation and Housing and Urban Development appropriations bill. It marks the third time this year Republicans tried to block the organization from federal funding.

The latest vote comes on the heels of the release of hidden-camera videos showing workers in three separate ACORN housing offices apparently helping a couple posing as a pimp and prostitute evade the IRS and apply for an illegal housing loan for a brothel.

ACORN Housing Corporation received $1.6 million to provide housing services to low-income communities in this fiscal year, ending Sept. 30, according to USASpending.gov, a federal government Web site for tracking government grants.

The Department of Housing and Urban Development Grants has given $8.2 million to ACORN in the years between 2003 and 2006, as well as $1.6 million to ACORN affiliates.

It wasn't immediately clear whether the offices shown in the videos had received any of ACORN's federal grant money for housing services.
  2. GunHugger

Do you think the 1.5 million that visited DC last weekend scared the hell out of them?

Thank Beck and the ones that filmed the abuse.:cool:

I have to go find out who the 7 were that voted NO.

WE HAVE BEEN HEARD!

And so it starts...:cool:
  3. GunHugger

Johanns Amendment Number 2355 as modified; Prohibiting use of funds to fund the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN).

NAYs ---7

Burris (D-IL)
    Casey (D-PA)
    Durbin (D-IL)
    Gillibrand (D-NY)
    Leahy (D-VT)
    Sanders (I-VT)
    Whitehouse (D-RI)

How about looking it to those 400,000 (*so far) illegal votes ACORN helped with.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  4. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch:D

So now I wonder who Barry will get to be his brownshirts? Well, redshirts, since ACORN people wear red tshirts. And anyone that watches the original "Star Trek" knows what happens to redshirts:eek::D:p
  5. artabr

artabr New Member

Good riddance.
    Bout time the Senate did something to earn their keep, but at the rate they're going a lifetime of their actions wouldn't earn a year's worth of they're pay. :mad:

Art
  6. 45nut

45nut Active Member

This is only the first round, as ACORN will disappear and another group (in name only) will move up to take their place in this fascist plot.

We won a battle not the war. Be vigilant. :mad:
  7. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

It passed the senate and now it has to go thru a reconciliation with the house and then BO's signature. It has a long ways to go yet.

Frank Luntz just released a book. In it he interviewed 6,400 people and one of the questions he asked respond to the statement: I'm mad as hell and I can't take it any more. A total of 72% agreed.
  8. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I smell a veto comming:rolleyes:
  9. JohnBrainard

JohnBrainard New Member

It's not like he's never thrown anyone under the bus for political gain. I'd say our chances are 50/50 if it makes it to his desk.
  10. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

True. If he signs this bill to cut-off ACORN from HUD funding, then he'll just steer that money to ACORN's new offshoot, WALNUT, PECAN, PEANUT, CASHEW, etc.

Get rid of one group of liberal nuts, and another will magically appear:rolleyes:
  11. 38 special

38 special New Member

It's a little late. Acorn should never have existed at all.
  12. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Love it. Thanks bcj. When you look at the Senators who voted to cut off funding, you find the entire gallery of those who are working to turn this country into a Fascist nation that they hope to rule with an iron fist. The 9-12ers must have scared the **** out of them. Thanks to Glen and the 9-12ers.
  13. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Thanks for the confirming word, Brother! :D You just said it more eloquently that I did. :eek: :D :D
  14. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

YEAAAAAAAAAAAA. However, this vote means nothing until it happens. These sentors that voted to with hold funding can now brag and say, "hey look, I voted to with hold funding". Acorn is one of Hussein's pets and he will see to it they will get their money.