The Firearms Forum banner

the skeet and trap shooting thread

21K views 130 replies 15 participants last post by  JohnnyFlake 
#1 · (Edited)
many of you know, i own and operate a private skeet/trap range in mo. but prior to that, i use to work at the ft lee rod and gun club and shoot for the navy team in the military. another poster here, vaskeet, is a very close old friend of mine. he also shot for the navy on occasion and we both are former employees of the naval air station oceana skeet and trap range in va beach. we both have vast knowledge of the sport, know how to run a range, and are willing to help anyone who asks for advice. ask your questions on ranges near you, loading, shooting, equipment, or anything to do with clay targets flying thru the air! sure, there are bigger and fancier websites for this, but for those that prefer to continue to make TFF.COM the best website on earth, feel free to post your questions here. as time goes by, im sure others will chime in and be willing to help out, so let me start it off, to get it rolling. here is a thread for your questions!
come on trapp55, chime in! heres your chance to shine!

#127 ·
My son and I were at our club today. I got 20,18,18,17 my son 18,19,17,20. My son was working his Remington 1100 so his game was off. He has been using his 870 for the most part. My scores are pretty good for me.

He has a problem with his 1100 I am going to start a new thread on that.

#129 ·
Its not ejecting shells. My son just took it apart and cleaned it. It was working fine before. As per the post I put in the tech area looks to be a bad o-ring.

#131 ·
Congrats to all of you who keep working hard at shooting your first 25 and the 100. All I can say in hopes to keep you guys working at it, is that once you do it, it seems like repeating those 25s and 100s comes a lot easier.

One thing that I will mention, that I never have mentioned, is that the trainer I used for several years use to have me shoot rounds of skeet in reverse now and again. Take the idea for what you feel it's worth to you. I will say that I truly believed it did help me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.