the skeet and trap shooting thread

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by bobski, Jun 17, 2012.

1. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

I went trap shooting last wensday and shot 88 out of 100.I was pretty proud of that.I needed to blow some steam off.
  2. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

Blowing little orange things out of the sky sure helps blow off steam doesn't it. Best stress reliever I know
  3. JohnnyFlake

JohnnyFlake New Member

Oh Ya!

There is nothing in the world that beats dusting a few trap/skeet targets to help relieve some stress!!!
  4. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

my coworkers are sucked into golf, I make fun of them and tell them that skeet is 'mans' golf, can't get them to come out to the range. Ya get to shoot stuff and break it! what more fun could you ask for, with your pants on anyway? I love destroying orange discs outta the sky.

Hit 18, 20, 21 and 23 last week, the 23 was the closest I've gotten to a straight round in a while, made me happy. (dropped both birds at station 5, no idea!)
  5. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That's getting up there Ryan. You still shooting the Mossberg?
  6. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

My best was a 24 and it was the second to last bird I missed. Oh how upset I was with myself. Almost had the elusive 25
  7. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

it is funny when I miss the first target each round, I say "well, the stress of shooting a perfect round is off!"

ya gotta let at least one or two get away to ensure future generations of orange clays for years to come... hahhaa!
  8. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

believe it or not, if you want to amaze yourself, shoot a round or two and go in the clubhouse or wherever close by and take a nap, 30-45 minutes, no more than 45. Then when you wake up, go straight out and shoot a round, you will almost always do incredibly better! your body is waking back up and focuses on the task at hand, less chance of your mind wandering. you've broken every single target many times so the possibiliy of a 25 is always there with enough rounds.

i used to do that at Camp Perry during my service rifle days, a short nap before (wasn't very often but when there was a chance) and I would have the guy before me wake me up and get up to the line and I would always shoot very very well compared to before.

hydration is crucial too; everyone I shoot with will spend 3-4 hours straight out on the field without a drop to drink. I bring at least a water bottle and usually fill up at least once. Your eyesight is one of the first things to suffer but your entire body will be 'under par' unless you hydrate. Drinking tons of water (keeping electrolytes in there too) makes you feel so much better and function better it's not even funny but is often overlooked.

so chug some water, have a snooze, then wake up and shoot your 25!
  9. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

yes I am,Im going to shoot with it atleast for now.
  10. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Has anyone used those new tracer shells from ferrochi?(probably spelled wrong)your supposed to be able to use them in the daytime.I think that would be neat to see where most of your shot was going.
  11. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I thought the tracer rounds were slugs? Seen a YouTube video of some guys shooting them at dusk.
  12. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

They might have some that are slugs but these are for Trap and Skeet.Comes in a box of ten.And they are not accenderary.
  13. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

oh, OK. would be pretty fun to be able to easier see your shot string. I can usually see (other people's) shot when it's cloudy out but in bright light I have a hard time seeing it.
  14. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I sure could have used any help today. Went to the range and played 4 games of trap. 18,9,13,17. On my 9 round I didn't think I would hit any for a whale. My son did good. 21,18,20,23.
  15. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

dammit, shot 4 rounds today and on the last one I thought I was going to shoot a perfect round until I dropped the high house on station 6. so another 24, crap!

next week...