The Spanish Acquisition (not Inquisition)

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Bob In St Louis
    (3/17/01 3:28:08 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All The Spanish Acquisition (not Inquisition)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This weeks acquisitions:

1)Astra Model 900 (192 7.63 Mauser caliber. About good condition, early model with two line address;

2)Astra Model 400, 1923 issue to Carabineros, crest with crown and starburst. 9mm Largo. Excellent condition, came with early maroon colored box, probably imported in 1940s;

3)Bufalo (yes, spelled "Bufalo")7.65mm, Eibar region pistol. Larger caliber cousin to a 6.35mm Bufalo already in my collection;

4)Longines 7.65mm, Eibar region pistol. 1927 manufacture code. Very good cond.;

5)Eiber Model 1915 pistol, Alkartasuna, 7.65mm, extended barrel, Very good cond.;

6)Plus Ultra, Eibar region pistol. Looks like an Eibar Model 1915 on steroids. 32 round capacity magazine. Manufature date code 1927. Just barely good condition, but a rare piece.;

7) Sharp Shooter, 7.65mm, Eibar region pistol. Pre-1927 Eibar proofs. The Sharp Shooters are the pistol on which the Jo Lo Ar is based.

Got an Astra Model 1915 and a Destroyer carbine I will be getting Monday. After that, I am shutting down on purchasing for awhile until some funds can rebuild.
    Support the Dead Party, vote Harry S. Truman for Missouri Senate in 2002!

TallTLynn
    (3/17/01 3:29:43 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: The Spanish Acquisition (not Inquisition)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Geez Bob I can see why you will be shutting down on purchasing for awhile - that's a lot of guns to aquire so quickly. I'm impressed!!!

Hope they are all you wanted them to be and that you enjoy them immensely.

Bob In St Louis
    (3/17/01 3:33:27 pm)
    How come every time I type Nineteen twenty eight (192 I get some smiley faced dude wearing sunglasses instead of an eight ( ?

Tac401
    Administrator
    (3/17/01 4:19:24 pm)
    I don't know, let me try, oh wait a minute, I think you
    may have to uncheck the box that say Emoticons which
    changes certain numbers and letters to faces.

Strange, it don't happen to me.

Tac

The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board sjdsports@hotmail.com

Edited by: Tac401 at: 3/17/01 4:23:16 pm

polishshooter
    (3/26/01 2:55:09 pm)
    Do you think the little dude inside the computor just thinks it's funny somebody would spent THAT much on Spanish guns?

Just like the little guy in my laptop KEEPS hitting that DARN caps KEy!

1928 1928 1928

Then again it might just be "operator error..."

polishshooter
    (3/26/01 2:57:31 pm)
    (192 (2 Maybe it's the parenthesis...(

Voila!!!!!

Edited by: polishshooter at: 3/26/01 2:58:18 pm

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (3/26/01 8:57:33 pm)
    Actually, I think its kinda cool - a smiley face dude with shades instead of eight. (

polishshooter
    (3/26/01 9:26:56 pm)
    ...except when you use both parenthesis he looks like he has a ponytail. Like he's either queer or Californian.
    I like him, but my little winkin' green guy is still my favorite. But I can't get my blue frownin' one to work at all I think...

Well there he is! How about that...

Edited by: polishshooter at: 3/26/01 9:28:06 pm

obelix2
    (3/31/01 4:55:52 pm)
    Bob, anything relating to the Spanish Civil War that you don't need, I probably do need. Especially, anything marked Armes de Catalunya. I am not a rich man, but I will destitute my family if needbe.

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (3/31/01 5:25:22 pm)
    I do have a couple of Astra Model 400s that were Spanish Civil War "Expedient Production" pieces - they had plain wood grips on them instead of checkered wood grips or plastic panel grips. I'm not really looking to sell them though. You have an interest in the Spanish Civil War? Kinda funny - my interest in the Spanish Civil War was first peeked when I saw Pablo Picasso's "Bombing Of Guernica" painting.

obelix2
    (4/1/01 2:34:54 am)
    I have that hanging on my wall. Don't think it's the original, though. It's in black and white.

Oh, on those Astras. I don't care myself, but forobosco@superpa.net might be interested. Who knows?