The Statue of Liberty, a Satanic Idol?

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by 45Auto, Oct 3, 2011.

1. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

I was listening to a radio show, "Fresh Air" as C. Peter Wagner of The New Apostolic Reformation was being interviewed. It seems that some folks in this organization actually think the Statue of Liberty has something to do with Satan. Mr. Wagner was not able to say that he agreed or did not agree that the statue of Liberty is satanic, I guess he has to look into it further....

Anyway, I had a look on Youtube, and sure enough there are posts about it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOn5MJorX1Q&NR=1

"The Real Meaning of the Statue of Liberty" It goes on to say, Miss Liberty is "a pagan idol designed by satanic worshiping Masons"

It appears that the New Apostolic Reformation is not a small organization. They have some power in political circles.

For the entire interview with C. Peter Wagner:

http://www.npr.org/2011/10/03/14094...ions-role-in-politics?sc=tumblr&cc=freshair
  2. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Well-Known Member

Sounds , to me, like someone has been smoking thier lunch .
  3. H-D

H-D Active Member

I was raised in an Apostolic church they think all other religions are false (catholic, baptist, methodist, lutherin etc. included) its hard to get to heaven through there
  4. Juker

Juker New Member

Like many of you, I've been to the Statue of Liberty, and been profoundly moved by it.

I felt no satanic vibes whatsoever.

I reckon some folks just have too much time on their hands. It would be nice if that church spent their time feeding the poor, instead of making up such nonsense... :rolleyes:
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

like Juker said , if the WBC folks had of been building a hospital they'd a finished it already with the effort they have put in , but instead they'd rather that effort goes elsewhere and so instead of doing God's work they do the work of Satan instead
  6. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

OK lets say someone did pull the wool over our eyes.

What is in our hearts.

When you think of the statue of liberty do you believe it is a god?

What does it mean to you? That is all i am gona say on this.

They say the same thing about mardi grass. "your putting your hands up to pagan gods" Ah no were not, were catching beads. If it was a pagan ritual long ago it is over now.

I am sure someone will find something about our flag to be evil too.
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i think what your meaning is how we as Christians , see and interact with these things

i deal with indigenous folks a lot , far from Christian in beliefs but not really in action and lifestyle. i have a lot of respect for those who follow the old ways and beliefs, but this is not condoning or supporting this , but as a Christian and as a person who understands these folks , it'd be wrong to not respect them , what they know, teach , how they live etc .

So If as a Christian , you have proof positive that the builders of the Lady of Liberty , where masonic weirdo's , danced nekkid in the moonlight and drank vinegar and salt , so what ?

it's yours now and YOU the american people and the rest of the world see it differently , you see it as a progression of the Judaeo Christian morals , put into a symbol of hope for those seeking refuge from tyranny ..

the cross it's self is a symbol of torture and fear , it was a punishment like few others , and very very public and slow ... but it became a symbol of hope to all Christians and many non Christians..

so does it matter what these things start out as ??

God through the power in US , His people can make bad into good, such is the power of how we view something , and if we do so as understanding and as Believers and we look at that huge lady , and see good and hope , is that not what it is ?

Through Christ's name are all things cleansed, i read .. its did not say some , it did not say except pagan symbols, it said ALL ..

jacks 2 bits
  8. Juker

Juker New Member

Had a fellow a few years ago giving me a hard time about having a Christmas tree. He said it came from pagan observances in Europe centuries ago. I said, "Well, in my house it symbolizes the spirit of the Christmas season." He proceeded to cast aspersions upon me, and I told him, "I'm not that kind of Christian. He said, "What kind of Christian is that?" And I said, "The kind of Christian who'll think twice about kicking your ass." :D
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

:D i get the ' but Jack ! You must be more understanding of them ' here a lot from various "Christian" places , i understand islam just fine thank you , i am not putting my head on the block willingly no matter who say's its ok
  10. Diamondback

Diamondback Active Member

I have never seen another statue like the 'Lady' anywhere. As far far as pagan rituals go, every ritual in any modern religion springs from some 'pagan' ritual practised before written history and were probably started by, if not the Neanderthal, than by the Cro-Magnon. I just ignore the ignorant and uneducated opinionated 'My religion is better than yours' morons who probably have never read the Bible but depend upon someone else to tell them what the sesquapedalian ( words with more than one syllable) words mean.
  11. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

Right on Jack.
  12. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

Good one Juker!
  13. dons2346

dons2346 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I guess that if you smoke enough stuff and drink enough kool aid, you can make a pagan symbol out of anything.

If you don't like it, get the hell out of my country.
  14. 308 at my gate

308 at my gate New Member

The statue of liberty is a pagan idle, you have got to be kidding. Looney tunes out of the closet.
  15. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

Decoded did a segment on this very thing..was on earlier this week. they could find nothing to support this theroy. they looked for the very things talked about. yes, they did find some of the symbols but could not connect them to anything meaningful.

Personally to me its just what it seems..a BIGGGGGG statue. A gift from another country that admired what we stood for. any thing else is just superstition..and I'm not into that.

and like Jack, i too respect the beliefs of the "native" peoples. I find while the beliefs are not what I was raised with, the end result is the actions that many times are closer to the IDEAL christian than many preachers I have had the displeasure to meet. I also am PROUD to stand and be counted as a part Indian in my heritage. I have YET to meet a SHAMAN i could not respect! (SHAMANS being the equivelant of our reglious teachers, IE: Preachers)
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011