The Table-O-Brass!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by tjeffords, May 15, 2012.

1. tjeffords

tjeffords Member

Alrighty so here is where I am going to basicly "blog" (god I hate that word... any ways) about The Table-O-Brass from concept to creation. ill make it as detailed and informative as possible as I can. WARNING!!! All the pics will be BIG so you can see in detail. when done i will tak as many HQ pics as possible and scan them in so you can get a good look at them. But for now all pics will be as good as my DroidX will let me take. More to come later (When I get home) along with pics.

Subscribe if you would like. Comment with what help/ideas or anything like that. If you want further info about something just ask.

Well here comes the adventure hope you join!
    TJ
  2. Lanrezac

Lanrezac Active Member

tjeffords, do you explain what this means in one of the other sub-forums? I looked in Ammo & Reloading but didn't see anything. Thanks!
  3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

4. tjeffords

tjeffords Member

I will get more info here as soon as i can my works got me on 7 days a week now and i just list internet at the house so as soon as i have the time to sit down and post i get on it and get everything from the beginning to where i am now updated. Basically this is just a thread to log the progress of the table i am making for a wounded vet.
  5. tjeffords

tjeffords Member

Ok so this is the explanation of The Table -O-Brass!

I had been thinking one day that i wanted to do something with his 30" piece of round glass that I had. Well i had a military buddy that is a wounded irac vet sobi thought what would be better than make a table fro him entirely made from spent shells. Ones to that couldn't be reloaded for various reasons. Basically a way to fix show him even know something may be broke it can still serve a purpose.

So I started collecting shells from any where i could get them for free ( I am currently in a low income status).

I have started laying out the brass so far I will be posting pics here later today. But I am totally open to comments and suggestions. Will post again here in a little bit
  6. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I got some OLD surplus 8mm ammo that is no good plus the ones I have shot up, the ones that are split I will have to fire the primers in them. Shoot me an E-Mail and I will get em to ya. kennethbrannon77@gmail.com
  7. tjeffords

tjeffords Member

that would be amazing email has been sent.
  8. tjeffords

tjeffords Member

Ok so since I don't currently have internet at the house (it sucks being broke lol) ill post what i can from my phone.

Here are some pics. Since i can only post 4 pics at a time ill have another with more pics in a post right after this one.

The first pic is one of the glass it self, the second is a test of random rifle brass around the edge (top view), the third is the side view of the rifle brass test, and the fourth pic is the final design of the pattern.

Attached Files:

9. tjeffords

tjeffords Member

This set of pics include;
    1: Only .223's and 5-50BMG's laid out in the design i picked.
    2: this is a top view of it.
    3: this is has the 385 rimfires around the rim (yes I realized i put only rimfire around the rim)

Attached Files:

• TOB.jpg
      TOB.jpg
      File size:
      115 KB
      Views:
    • TOB1.jpg
      TOB1.jpg
      File size:
      97.5 KB
      Views:
    • TOB2.jpg
      TOB2.jpg
      File size:
      123.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
  10. Lanrezac

Lanrezac Active Member

Thanks, tjeffords, that's a nice piece of work! I wish I was creative like that.
  11. tjeffords

tjeffords Member

I have one arch filled with 9mm and a couple .40 s&w to split the two sides of the arch at the 50 BMG Ill post a pic tomorrow.
  12. tjeffords

tjeffords Member

Heres the 9's

Attached Files:

• 9s.jpg
      9s.jpg
      File size:
      161.9 KB
      Views:
  13. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

Cool. Maybe a 218 Bee could be worked into the flower design.
  14. tjeffords

tjeffords Member

lol i didn't even think of it lookin like a flower till now.
  15. tjeffords

tjeffords Member

If I can find some bees and I think I could do up a patten for it. I might be able to fit either in the center or off to the side some where.