Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by tjeffords, May 15, 2012.
lookin good TJ!
its still a WIP but i just ran intoa problem with some brass. No primers. I don't think it will turn out well with the epoxy and no primers ( spots for air pockets/ to form). So if anyone might have some spent primers they could spare let me know any kinds would work. L&S pistol, L&S rifle and 209's. Drop me a PM if you could help.
Got you covered TJ. That box I sent has a bunch of spent primers in it.
See this is why I love you guys!
I mailed it off wednesday. i figure it oughtta get to you by tomorrow..
I will reprime the rounds i'm sending you
Hey everyone sorry its been a while since I have updated anything. Ive been workin 10hr days 7 days a week. I will get a pic or two of where I'm at on the table. Not much has been done though.
The brass "crop circle".....no mystery here.
I can not wait to see this project finished up.
ok so if any one knows about the storms that ripped threw here you'll understand.
I had the table set up im my back building ( around 1000+ rounds on it ). Apparently my back building has gaps some where because after the 95-100 mph winds on 6-29 ( that took out two good sized oak trees that fell blocking the road.) I opened up my building to find ALL but one lonely 17hmr shell scattered EVERYWHERE!!!! I didnt think took take pics just because i had an entire fridges contents to throw away and find some way to remove the tree.
But my sample for the epoxy finally showed up.
Heres a pic of the trees. My house is on the white one on the left behind the tree lol. Oh you cant tell but we (me and my wife) were rear ended at an out traffic light that friday also. Rough couple weeks YAY OHIO!!! LOL
Ok so I haven't had much time to work on the table due to workin 7 days a week 9-10 hr days also doin physical therapy from the crash. But I have collected what I think is all the brass that was on the table before the storm lol.
Here is where I'm at.. I tested the epoxy sample I got from Epoxy ect. it works great with clean brass but I cant do it with the dirty/worn brass. So now I'm looking for an easy way just clean the heads so they will adhere. but i only want to do the heads so I can keep the worn look from the bottom and side view.
I'm open to suggestions. I was thinkin about six inch polishing wheel on a bench grinder but I don't have one nor can I afford one right now I'm really strapped for cash.
Btw here is a pic and thank you all for all the help!!!!
Take the bottom and twist it on a scotch brite pad. Just a few twists and it will be clean and the glue will adheare to it just fine. Its the cheapest way that i know of.
sounds good thats gonna be a lot of twistin lol
LOL! Ya! but its one way to get the kids or grand-kids involved.
Separate names with a comma.