The Firearms Forum banner

The Table-O-Brass!!!

5K views 45 replies 14 participants last post by  tjeffords 
#1 ·
Alrighty so here is where I am going to basicly "blog" (god I hate that word... any ways) about The Table-O-Brass from concept to creation. ill make it as detailed and informative as possible as I can. WARNING!!! All the pics will be BIG so you can see in detail. when done i will tak as many HQ pics as possible and scan them in so you can get a good look at them. But for now all pics will be as good as my DroidX will let me take. More to come later (When I get home) along with pics.

Subscribe if you would like. Comment with what help/ideas or anything like that. If you want further info about something just ask.

Well here comes the adventure hope you join!
TJ

#4 ·
I will get more info here as soon as i can my works got me on 7 days a week now and i just list internet at the house so as soon as i have the time to sit down and post i get on it and get everything from the beginning to where i am now updated. Basically this is just a thread to log the progress of the table i am making for a wounded vet.

#5 ·
Ok so this is the explanation of The Table -O-Brass!

I had been thinking one day that i wanted to do something with his 30" piece of round glass that I had. Well i had a military buddy that is a wounded irac vet sobi thought what would be better than make a table fro him entirely made from spent shells. Ones to that couldn't be reloaded for various reasons. Basically a way to fix show him even know something may be broke it can still serve a purpose.

So I started collecting shells from any where i could get them for free ( I am currently in a low income status).

I have started laying out the brass so far I will be posting pics here later today. But I am totally open to comments and suggestions. Will post again here in a little bit

#6 ·
I got some OLD surplus 8mm ammo that is no good plus the ones I have shot up, the ones that are split I will have to fire the primers in them. Shoot me an E-Mail and I will get em to ya. kennethbrannon77@gmail.com

#8 ·
Ok so since I don't currently have internet at the house (it sucks being broke lol) ill post what i can from my phone.

Here are some pics. Since i can only post 4 pics at a time ill have another with more pics in a post right after this one.

The first pic is one of the glass it self, the second is a test of random rifle brass around the edge (top view), the third is the side view of the rifle brass test, and the fourth pic is the final design of the pattern.

Attachments

#17 · (Edited)
its still a WIP but i just ran intoa problem with some brass. No primers. I don't think it will turn out well with the epoxy and no primers ( spots for air pockets/ to form). So if anyone might have some spent primers they could spare let me know any kinds would work. L&S pistol, L&S rifle and 209's. Drop me a PM if you could help.

#18 ·
Got you covered TJ. That box I sent has a bunch of spent primers in it.

#20 ·
I mailed it off wednesday. i figure it oughtta get to you by tomorrow..

#24 ·
The brass "crop circle".....no mystery here.

#26 ·
ok so if any one knows about the storms that ripped threw here you'll understand.

I had the table set up im my back building ( around 1000+ rounds on it ). Apparently my back building has gaps some where because after the 95-100 mph winds on 6-29 ( that took out two good sized oak trees that fell blocking the road.) I opened up my building to find ALL but one lonely 17hmr shell scattered EVERYWHERE!!!! I didnt think took take pics just because i had an entire fridges contents to throw away and find some way to remove the tree.

But my sample for the epoxy finally showed up.

Heres a pic of the trees. My house is on the white one on the left behind the tree lol. Oh you cant tell but we (me and my wife) were rear ended at an out traffic light that friday also. Rough couple weeks YAY OHIO!!! LOL

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.