1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

The Taurus Judge

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by RunningOnMT, Jun 12, 2012.

1. The Count

The Count New Member

Good link, thanks
  2. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

:eek:
    While this is a very good read, we have to remember its scope is entirely handgun BULLETS, the artical never addressed shotgun shotshells.

I will maintain in a Self defence or Home defence situtation the distances involved will usually be under 12 ft. Now with a 5 shot JUDGE loaded 410 defensive load..(4 pellets 00),45lc,410,45lc,410..any one I am firing at actually has 2, 45lc bullets and 3 x 4= 12 pellets (count as 9mm bullets) comming at them, at the velocities the manufacturer stated Penatration isnt a problem. and at 12 ft I will have what 14? chances to hit a vital organ or central nervious system as recommended in the artical? NOt BAD ODDS! not if all 5 shots are 00 then that increases to 20! and at 12 ft something will hit! most likely at least 50% of those pellets will hit!

so slough off the JUDGE if you want..I can put 5 shots (20) count them 20, 9mm sized pellets your way faster than you can empty your semi-auto...
    Match that firepower.. like a SWARM of LEAD!:eek:
  3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

It doesn't have to make sense; it's the law.

The Judge is a .45 Colt revolver. It has a rifled barrel (and therefore is not a shotgun). It just has an extra-long .45 Colt chamber that can fit and safely fire the .410 shot shell.

According to federal law, the Judge is a handgun.