The Tennessee Company - Made in Chattanooga Tennessee 1916

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Sadie1916, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Sadie1916

Sadie1916 New Member

Though I have read elsewhere there were no gun manufacturers in Chattanoga TN, I have the following very old gun engraved as follows:

The Tennessee Company
    Made in Chattanooga Tennessee 1916

Please respond if you are aware of any such company making guns in Chattanooga TN.
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I've seen reference to the Tennessee Company before, the answer is no. It is not listed on any of my Trade mark sites nor in any of my references. As before I believe it is a unknown trade name used by a small hardware chain. There were over 500 trade names in use from the 1900's until just after WWII. Only about 2/3 of them have been listed/identified by maker/user. Could be wrong, been wrong before, If anybody knows other wise please chime in. ADDED: There are some modern manufactures I believe in Tennessee, but I believe your questions refers to a single barrel shotgun of some age on it.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  3. roundball

roundball Member

If located in Chattanooga, would suggest a trip to the Bicentennial library reference section and check out City Directories prior to WWI for a start. I have lived here all my life and have never heard of such a company-but that does not mean anything. As pointed out, there were many brand names used by hardware companies. Locally, we saw many old "Cherokee" single barrel shotguns from a large hardware company in Tennessee.