the tense week is over

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 68c15, Jan 21, 2012.

1. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

last saturday I took a couple guns to the local gun shop to trade for one I really wanted. I have not bought a gun from an FFL in 25 years. to make matters more interesting I forgot my driver's license at work so I showed my old (from 93) non expiring state ID. they put me on delay and said if I don't hear anything to stop in on the 20th. many nights with poor sleep and thinking back to if there's something I did that I totally forgot about ended last night.

I now happily own an 870 supermag 12g 28" in realtree with barely any wear at all
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

excellent i was always a fan of the 870, that and the mossy 500 reliable dependable , the two best pumpys on the market in my book
  3. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

^^^^
    the way I understand it, I could toss it in the lake, drag it through the mud, pee in the action and still knock late season snows out of the sky.
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i had a early one here , got it cheap as it'd been handled rough , real rough ..

a good clean , a good oiling and it was good to go ( nick and dents in the wood work and some surface rust through the blue on the receiver marks not withstanding )

i'm not a big shotty user but the 870 sure do the job and take a beating getting there and back real well

i had one as a entry weapon in the army for CQB work too , great entry weapons

and loaded with a solid will stop most motors in their tracks too