The thrill is gone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by petesusn, Jan 26, 2010.

1. petesusn

petesusn New Member

This is from Newsmax.

"Chris Matthews Turns on Obama.

Add Chris Matthews to the list of liberals in the media whose fawning adulation of Barack Obama has turned to pointed criticism.

Last week the Insider Report disclosed that CNN commentator Jack Cafferty launched a blistering attack on Obama and the Democrats over the closed-door negotiations to reconcile the House and Senate versions of healthcare reform, asserting that Obama’s campaign pledge of transparency was a “lie.”

Now Matthews, host of MSNBC’s “Hardball,” has expressed deep concerns about Obama’s spending policies and the debt the federal government is compiling.

“I look at the numbers and I’m worried,” Matthews told colleague Rachel Maddow on Tuesday night as they covered Scott Brown’s election win in Massachusetts.

“I’m worried about this government committing itself to so many entitlement programs and committing itself to such a level of taxation that supports those entitlement programs . . .

“The debt is too big. The government’s taking on too many responsibilities . . .

“We’re a dissatisfied people. We are easily drawn to a candidate who promises deliverance. Two years ago, we voted for deliverance with Barack Obama. We will vote for deliverance again in two years if we’re not happy.”

Matthews was such a staunch supporter of Obama during the campaign that he declared: "I have to tell you, you know, it's part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama's speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often."
  2. artabr

artabr New Member

I would have thought that it would have been impossible for Matthews to dislodge his head from "the one's" backside.
    Will wonders ever cease? :rolleyes:

Art
  3. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I guess his leg has stopped tingling:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Meh, he probably took a look at Glenn Beck's ratings and decided he needed to try a new tac to boost the ratings for "Hardball.":rolleyes:
  4. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Could not have said it better myself. wait i can / you didn't say it loud enough:cool:

Meh, he probably took a look at Glenn Beck's ratings and decided he needed to try a new tac to boost the ratings for "Hardball.
  5. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

DUH! :confused:

IMHO - He's just a little slow is all..... :rolleyes: (the rest of us smart folk noticed obozo's B.S. immediately! ;))

SR
  6. red14

red14 Active Member

He is a parrot, he has no mind of his own, all he ever does is repeat what other liberals say.
  7. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

" My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. "

I think that he means he might be coming out of the closet, soon.
  8. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

It's just a temporary numbness caused by the realization that no one is listening to him and no one gives a burly what he thinks. He'll regain the feeling when Obozo runs for a second term.