1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

The Train Station

Discussion in 'Vietnam Memories Forum' started by Admin, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Admin

Admin Active Member Staff Member

SixTGunr
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/13/02 12:46:08 am)
    The Train Station
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Merely wanted to post a pic that I found on the net that shows the Hue City train station. Though at the time ( Feb. 1968 ) it was extremely bullet riddled I do believe this picture was taken after some renovations but at the very least it will give you some general idea.

If any of you remember a ways back ... I posted the true story regarding the K-Bar Surgeon ... It was at this very train staion where the surgery took place.

When I first saw this pic it kinda gave me them goosebumps some of us get now and again but nothing that I could'nt handle. Just thought I would share this particular pic that goes with that event.

[​IMG]

Six Out!

"Landscape Developement ..... RVN '67-'68"

high2fly
    *Senior Chief Of Staff*
    (10/13/02 6:34:17 am)
    Re: The Train Station
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for sharing Gunner--names you mentioned that almost 40 years ago would be in the intel. briefs. I dug out my battalion cruise books---just per chance we had a detatchment that far south from Dong Ha. All my bridge building photos were up on Hwy 1, Route 9, and the old railroad bridges---some were over the Cua Viet River. I looked at the present day photo and was astounded at how there was such a contrast of then and now. Wilborn

hope6970
    *VMBB Staff*
    (10/17/02 12:23:59 pm)
    Hey all you guys, lets not stop on all those good stories......get with it!!! I know there are people who are just waiting for the next exciting segment...... (heck, I am one)......lol Only write what you feel comfortable with - Hope

SixTGunr
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/17/02 4:05:21 pm)
    I'm workin' on a few ...

Six

"Landscape Developement ..... RVN '67-'68"