The Train Station

Discussion in 'Vietnam Memories Forum' started by Admin, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Admin

Admin Active Member Staff Member

SixTGunr
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/13/02 12:46:08 am)
    The Train Station
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Merely wanted to post a pic that I found on the net that shows the Hue City train station. Though at the time ( Feb. 1968 ) it was extremely bullet riddled I do believe this picture was taken after some renovations but at the very least it will give you some general idea.

If any of you remember a ways back ... I posted the true story regarding the K-Bar Surgeon ... It was at this very train staion where the surgery took place.

When I first saw this pic it kinda gave me them goosebumps some of us get now and again but nothing that I could'nt handle. Just thought I would share this particular pic that goes with that event.

[​IMG]

Six Out!

"Landscape Developement ..... RVN '67-'68"

high2fly
    *Senior Chief Of Staff*
    (10/13/02 6:34:17 am)
    Re: The Train Station
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for sharing Gunner--names you mentioned that almost 40 years ago would be in the intel. briefs. I dug out my battalion cruise books---just per chance we had a detatchment that far south from Dong Ha. All my bridge building photos were up on Hwy 1, Route 9, and the old railroad bridges---some were over the Cua Viet River. I looked at the present day photo and was astounded at how there was such a contrast of then and now. Wilborn

hope6970
    *VMBB Staff*
    (10/17/02 12:23:59 pm)
    Hey all you guys, lets not stop on all those good stories......get with it!!! I know there are people who are just waiting for the next exciting segment...... (heck, I am one)......lol Only write what you feel comfortable with - Hope

SixTGunr
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/17/02 4:05:21 pm)
    I'm workin' on a few ...

Six

"Landscape Developement ..... RVN '67-'68"