The ugly face of Tyranny.

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 6, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

Boogalou
    (3/24/02 12:26:18 am)
    Reply The ugly face of Tyranny.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I sold a gun on AA a couple of days ago, and the high bidder just happened to be from California. I'm thinking OK... I'm sure he knows about the State's gun laws, so I e-mail him about sending me a copy of a 01 license to comply with out of state transfers. To make a long story short, He's not buying it..... So, the deal falls through. The bad part is, this guy is a real gentleman. A life member of the NRA & California Rifle & Pistol Association, a decorated war vet, and was a alternate on the aborted Olympic US shooting team that was to go to Moscow. He says that although his wife and him are native Californians, they are going to move to Oregon because he feels the State is a lost cause. The end result is... He is prevented from acquiring a collectable firearm, and I lose a sale because I have to "cover my ass". Just because of a legislator/politican in a State where I don't even live!

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/24/02 8:03:11 am)
    Reply Re: The ugly face of Tyranny.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    well Boogalou, lets hope that you getting to know this guy has made a difference. Hopefully he will move and become part of the growing number of those that are plain 'FED UP'.

Thanks for sharing your misfortune with us, You are welcome to sell your weapon here with us for free

I hope you invited the Gentleman to The Firearms Forum, he sounds link an interesting fellow.

Boogalou
    (3/24/02 10:09:58 am)
    Zigzag - Thanks for your reply. Perhaps I was being to pretentious when i wrote the orginal post, but the more I thought about it the more it pissed me off. Even though the gentleman and I have C&R licenses, issued by the Federal Government, California Law prohibits me from selling the handgun to him directly. Makes me wonder if a law like that would hold up in court. Any lawyers out there?

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/24/02 10:19:29 am)
    The way the California laws are written, it is easier to ship the gun out of the state, then into the state. That is the whole intention - reduce the number of guns in state. One thing to be aware of when buying from someone in California - if you receive the gun and it is a piece of crud that doesn't meet the sales description - YOU CAN'T SHIP IT BACK INTO CALIFORNIA! Buyer beware - there are some unscrupulous dealers out there taking advantage of that.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/24/02 10:33:24 am)
    Re: The ugly face of Tyranny.
    While I realize California laws (and Maryland laws as well) are very restrictive and not good for gun owners, I find myself wondering why he bid on a gun he knew he couldn't have shipped to him directly? He had to of known the laws of the state he lives in or have a very good idea.

I'm not putting anyone down here but I do wonder.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/24/02 11:18:31 am)
    Don`t mean to stir this up.....but I think you`ve been had. He darn well knows California laws, he lives there, he knows the C&R rules, NRA....ect....ect. I don`t buy that story for a moment. I would post negative feedback! Am I wrong???

I have had several people pull simular stunts, only to find them bidding later on a simular item. Be nice, spin a good story, I give them the big "F". Ignorance is no excuse for someone like this. regards LTS
    T.F.F.

Boogalou
    (3/24/02 2:54:55 pm)
    Hmmm..... I think you guys are missing the point. It is not so much about the lost sale, I don't feel there will be any problem selling the EG Mak in the future, it's that a State Government is dictating what goes on in the rest of this country concerning C&R sales to California. It is possible that the guy is giving me a line, but I seriously doubt it. He made some good points regarding transfers between C&R licensees in our correspondence, but also understood my reasons for not transferring the gun to him directly. I've invited him to join the Firearms Forum and hopefully, we will hear from him on this post.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (3/24/02 6:25:05 pm)
    Re: The ugly face of Tyranny.
    Good deal Boogalou, we always welcome good folks
    here to TFF!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac