The UN Hates/ Fears Our 2nd Amendment .....

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by JohnHenry, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I like the way of life in alaska, but wouldnt survive 2 days in the cold weather. So, I guess I need to find an inbetween. Problem is soo many people are looking for exactly that. Dont want to fry and dry up and dont want to become a chunk of ice. I have been doing the fry thing for a long time.
  2. Juker

Juker New Member

Growing up in Texas, and having lived just about everywhere since except Alaska, I have come to the conclusion that there are only so many clothes you can take off, but you can always put more on!! LOL

And it's easier to make fire than to find water..... :D
  3. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

I would love to go to Alaska. I was born there, but left before I was old enogh to appreciate it. Talk all you want, Zhurh.
    Oh, and by the way, did everyone forget the supposed race wars that were gonna' break out in the 70's? People were doing the exact same kind of survivalist hoarding(I've got some MRE's from '73 I'll sell cheap) , and blood was gonna run in the streets, and chaos would prevail. Only difference I see is the internet now makes it possible to really ramp things up. I to believe in the American people's ability to resolve conflict.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  4. Juker

Juker New Member

MRE's from '73? You suuuuure 'bout that, perm? LOL
  5. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

No, just being a smart**s! :halo:
  6. Juker

Juker New Member

LOL!!

Thought maybe you had some o'them prototype MREs... :D:D:D
  7. Python

Python Former Guest

If you consider "turn or burn," or, "your gonna go to hell, better get right with God" an "attitude" instead of the Gospel truth, and it "bears no fruit", we must be reading different Gospels and believe in a different Lord. Jesus spoke about Hell 216 times. Jesus said that in Hell they were wailing and gnashing their teeth in TORMENT. Does that sound like "gloom & doom"? These are the words and warnings of our Lord, is He therefor also a "prophet of doom"? Jesus said that no man can come to the Father except through Him. Therefor to "turn" to Jesus Christ is to "get right with God". Jesus said that unless a man believes in Him and repents of his sin, that man will be cast into the "Lake That Burns With Fire." The way I read it, that says "turn or burn". If Christ left His place of glory with the Father to become a man and die a horrible death on a cross, to keep us from going to Hell, how bad can Hell be? Maybe a place of "gloom & doom"?

If you share only the love of God with people, and neglect to tell people about God's judgement, you have shared with them only HALF of the truth. I don't propose (posturing as you call it)) to "have more divine insight than the next believer", I just know how to read. There's nothing "gloom & doom" about the End Times and TEOTWAWKI. If you're a believer, the return of Christ is certainly not "gloom & doom." I have a question for those that say they believe the Bible. What is it about Jesus telling us that we are living in the Last Generation that is MISUNDERSTOOD? I ask because even those who say that they believe, continue to speak of how the elections will affect the children and grandchildren etc.,of future generations.
  8. Double D

Python, your need to underline and make everything bold is kind of well, childish. It is the love of god that leads men to repentance. People do need to know about hell and the end times, but again, you come across as someone who "thinks" he knows the truth, and everyone else is just plain wrong or missing the point or just hasnt reached your level of understanding.

To use your method MANY of us here are older and more experienced and have been studying scriptures for a long time and know exactly what they say. We also have had the internet for many years and know of all the gloom and doom stuff thats out there. There are people here that might listen what you have to say if you would come down off your throne and talk to them without treating them like they dont understand you or they are just plan stupid.

We all have to get by in our own way. Remember, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling? How about the meek shall inherit the earth? I guess I have said enough. Just every time I read your posts I get the sense that we are all just little people who are understudied and ignorant to what is in store. I would have to say your assessment is far from the truth.
  9. Juker

Juker New Member

We should give because we want to help our fellow man, not because it's a tax write-off.

We should get married because we can't imagine life without them, not because we're afraid of being alone.

And we should come to Christ because we want a relationship with Him, not because we're afraid of eternal damnation in Hell.

So my point is, scaring someone into salvation isn't the same as "Don't touch the stove, child, it's hot." I have encountered far too many who were led through a prayer of salvation out of fear, and are no more going to Heaven than this keyboard. They have no relationship with Christ, they have no walk with Him, they bear no evidence of the Holy Spirit within them. Their current life bears no change from their former life - they just wanted to get their ticket punched and join the club to avoid Hell. Party on.

We are to be known by our walk, by our light, by the fruits our lives bear as servants of Him - that we have achieved peace in our lives knowing where we will spend eternity.

Most, if not all, Christians on this forum can see we're living in the end times, that the Rapture is nearer every day. But there is no quota in this human life wherein God says, "Okay, you're done, just sit back now and watch everything collapse." None of us, not even Christ Himself, know the hour of His return. I believe one of the myriad reasons for that is so Christians won't cease to strive. We are to continue in His service with joy, not out of fear or guilt, but going about His work with gladness - witnessing, praying, counseling, and giving.

It is my hope and prayer that those on this forum who are still seeking the Truth can come to Him and achieve "the peace of God which passeth all understanding".
  10. Python

Python Former Guest

First, I doubt that many here are "older" than myself. Secondly, I don't "think" that I know the truth, the truth is written in the scripture, I simply "believe" the truth. Thirdly, you say that there are those here that are more experienced in studying scripture and know "exactly" what scripture says. Why then do most ignore "exactly" what the scriptures tell us when it involves the End Times we are living in today? If they understand more, and know exactly what the scriptures say, why then do they continue to speak of future generations? Maybe they believe that our Lord is lying to us? If my assessment, as you so call it, is far from the truth, tell me "exactly" what "This generation shall not pass away until all of these things have come to pass" describes. And while you're at it, describe all things. I don't want to be "childish" and emphasize anything here, so please be precise in giving your answer.

My questions are just questions. If asking questions makes me sound like I'm on a throne and people feel that by asking them questions I think they're stupid, I find that very thin skinned and an excuse to avoid my questions. This hasn't anything to do with self esteem, just answer the question. Yes, it is God's love for man that leads to repentance. God knows the wicked and rebellious heart of man, therefor God has also in his love, given us the the Book of Revelation, the Book of Daniel, Ezekiel and much more warning man of His wrath should they not repent. More people have come to salvation in these End Times by reading and believing God's messages in Prophecy (gloom & doom to you) than the message of the cross. I apologize if my questions are percieved as an attitude or of presenting an air of superiority, such is not my intent. However for those who perceive to know more than myself, please just answer my questions and educate me.
  11. Double D

I find it humorous that you can be certain when god is going to do anything. His time is not our time. He has given us many signs of the end times, yet you and I could be long dead before he actually does what he is going to do. I really dont have to repeat the scripture that no man knoweth the day or the hour. So, we make plans for our kids and our grandkids and we do what he expects us to do. There will be marrying, and working in the fields and life will be going along as usual when he decides the time is right, and then he shall come as "a thief in the night". Yes, we ignorant types will continue to make our future plans for our children and theirs and if he should tarry, we will have done what we believed to be right.

We will also watch those who choose not to do that, and we will not scold them for their decision to do what they believe is right. We will pray every day for the salvation of our loved ones and those who we dont yet know. We will share the gospel with any open ear and pray they see the need for salvation. But we all are inferior beings that are only saved by his grace and not by any works, lest any man should boast. We must work out our salvation with fear and trembling. I would wager that those who are serving god after many years have found his love and grace to be sufficient. He said himself that hell was not created for man, but for the devil and those who chose to follow him, but that it is mans choice. Man sends himself to hell, god doesnt. It is his desire that none would perrish but that all would come to the saving knowledge of Christ.

No sir, I cant tell you when things will end. I wouldnt even try. I will tell those who seek, that I believe it to be soon. Could be tonight. There may not be another day to "make things right" with god. But who am I to say? Serve your god with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. If I were a betting man, I would bet that people who serve god their whole lives heard about his love and what he did for them at the cross. The folks who were scared into becoming a christian, well, they had a mind change and not a heart change. Most of them got unscared and went back to what they were doing.

I have gone on much longer than I ever do. I will never beat anyone over their head to try and get them saved. And I wont do it by scaring them either. If I am wrong, well, let God be the judge. As for your coming across as "superior" well, I can assure you that many here feel that way. Maybe a little self examination on all of our parts would do us some good.
  12. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Python, you stated that I sound like a secular humanist. I'd never heard that term before, so I had to research it. I would say that it's fairly accurate, but it lacks one thing. Spirituality. And that's a very personal point.

Politics and religion. Argueing either is seldom beneficial to the parties involved.
    All it does is foment hate, and solidify the self imposed walls of opinion.

I don't care for a thread that devolves into religious debate. Many here are Christians, and they're bickering amongst each other. It's a no win situation, so I'll excuse myself at this time.
  13. Double D

Thats not really accurate. The issue is that several people feel like they are being talked down to. The religion entered the picture because python was certain nobody could decern spiritual things as well as he. If you have followed any of my posts over the years, you will see that I do not "debate" religion. Nor would I bicker my beliefs. I was pointing out that there are actually many people here that are christians that have the ability to disern and have the knowledge to figure things out without being "corrected" or made to feel somehow inferior. Each and every person has their own road to hoe so to speak. If half of the people here thought that the world will go on forever, that is totally up to them.

It comes down to this. Not any "one" person has all the answers. And most people dont live their life in "give up" mode. I constantly hear the sky is falling and there is no sense even trying to do anything about it so quit living, stop saving money for your kids education, heck lets just all drink poison and get it overwith. Thats nothing but hogwash. This country has made mistakes and we are in trouble, but it aint all a hopeless cause and it aint overwith. We can and we will overcome and things will get better. It may take some time, but it will get better. If you want to give up go ahead. I am going to stick with the heart of the american people and their desire to succeed. I guess when I see all this crap about throwing in the towel, I need to skip by it and let someone else respond. I dont and wont buy into it now or ever.
  14. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Amen, brother! Never ever give up! If the founders gave up we would all be be speaking English now!.... Wait, What? (Anyway, I'm with you!):halo:
  15. Python

Python Former Guest

Double D, thank you for your response. Please note that my question is not in reference to the Rapture, or knowing anything about the day & hour, etc.. The Lord however has made it perfectly clear as to the End Times that we are living in, and has instructed us to be aware of the signs that He has revealed. There has never been a time when it was more urgent that we witness to our family and friends and present them with the truth of the Gospel. Time is too short not to. Because I'm a firm believer in a pre-trib Rapture, time is even more so of the essence. I'll say this only once so that you'lthe rl know where I'm coming from, after this I'll bow out. To take up less time & space I'll skip chapter & verse. The Lord said that the generation that sees Israel become a nation a second time will be the Last Generation. Jesus said that this generation shall not pass away until "all" of these things have come to pass. All means all. Since Israel is God's timetable to begin the 70th Week of Daniel (the 7 years of Tribulation), everything happening in the Middle East today points to the end of the Age of Grace when God once again focuses His full attention on Israel.

Ezekiel 37 has happened, 38 & 39 (invasion of Israel) is presently on the horizon. There can be no question that the One World Government, One World Currency (666), One World Leader (anti-christ), you name it, it's in our face and on the horizon. When Christ said "all" of these things, all includes those things that I just mentioned plus the Battle of Armageddon and the Second Coming of Christ. God said man's years will be threescore years & ten (70 yrs), if by reason of strength fourscore years. Therefor it's reasonable to say that a generation is 70 years. Israel became a nation a second time in 1948. Add 70 years and we get 2018. Subtract 7 yrs of Tribulation and you get 2011. Will 2012 begin the last seven years of life as we know it? We'll soon find out, won't we? Any way you want to put it together, we're living in the Last Generation, and that is my point. Please be aware that it is "impossible" for all of the present world circumstances, and the coalition being formed in the Middle East (to include Russia) to invade Israel, to ever line up again as the Lord has presented. You believe scripture or you don't. I'll leave it there. Peace.
  16. Hatch

Hatch Former Guest

The thing I "never really got" about religion discussions or debates or whatever they may escalate to, is... why do the non believers get so worked up about it? it's almost like they take it as personal than those who are being attacked/insulted for believing in the "wrong" god.

I dont know if there's a heaven or hell, and I've had two near death experiences, and none of that had angels or clouds or rays of sunshine or impending doom or shadows on my soul... it was... "just there"

I dont know. I cant prove or disprove anything. The ones who bother me are the ones who want to subject everyone to their viewpoints. I dont care a whit about Jehovas witnesses coming around door to door, or the baptists, lutherans, jews, catholics or whomever else... all they want to do is "share the word" as they believe it, and you'll never find one of them saying "oh, and if they disagree, cut off their heads"

So lets not talk about Islam, because that would be AWKWARD wouldn't it?

And to make it relevant, the conversation spun into religion, and there's 2 BILLION Muslims on this rock, and there's millions in the US where they get to vote, and Mohammed just became the most common name for newborn male babies in England...

Yeah, things are seriously ****ed up. Unless you like being told to get on your knees 32 times a day and pray what they say pray and to who they say pray too, and if your daughter gets raped then she needs to be stoned to death for fornication...

took them a few thousand years, but eventually they hooked up with a liberal govt in USA and who knows... all this could be just a hop jump and skip away for all of us! Not like they've had much difficulty getting anything through the courts that they want to?
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  17. redwing carson

redwing carson Former Guest

Yes 44 millon armed Americans could sure as H### create some golbal warming.:D
  18. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

We're here! Just waiting for the catylist that will unite us. Their arrogance will provide that, eventually.
  19. Double D

Unbelievable...Python, you quoted the same thing over again and ended with the same arrogant statement proving my point.

"This is exactly how I have interpreted the scripture and its absolutely correct, and you either believe it or your stupid".

I am going to pass over anything you post and not get involved in it anymore. I dont care much for arrogance and I certainly
    dont like to listen to someone who is incapable of reasoning. Dont be surprised if there are some folks that cant hold their
    words back much longer. I told myself last time I would keep my mouth shut.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  20. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Holy thread shift, batman! :eek::D